pathy no more

dnodog

Ok , as some of you know my tranny died last week.The cost of a rebuild / new tranny just not worth it.

So by this time next week i will be buying a new ford ranger.

I looked at the frontier but it is about $ 5000 more than the ford, and not available here in right hand drive.

I will still be a regular here, and someday i may own another pathy.

I looked at a 98r50 but my friend that works at the local dealer said not to buy it as it has been in and out of the garage every other week! Apparantly when it came in from japan as a used vehicle the whole engine was full of water!!

To bad you getting rid of the Pathy, but the Ranger will probably not turn out like others have said.

I know several people who have had them, ranging from the late models back to the early/mid 90's... they have had little to no trouble with them :aok:

Yeah, It sucks that your getting rid of the pathy! But then again Rangers aren't TERRIBLE persay, just not anyones first choice.

Lovebunny made the same switch and he hasn't been complaining -- and my buddy with a 93 ranger has no complaints.

To bad the fronteir isn't offered in right-hand drive for ya though -- probably would have been the better buy in the long run.

To bad you getting rid of the Pathy, but the Ranger will probably not turn out like others have said.

I know several people who have had them, ranging from the late models back to the early/mid 90's... they have had little to no trouble with them :aok:

You're not helping the situation :nono: J/K IMO I'ld keep shopping, there's plenty out there better than a Danger......

my friend owns a mazda B4000 which iis essiential a ranger.

theres alon list of things that went worng with it..

transmission jsut went out

bad head gasket

got stuck in like a 3 wheel drive type of thing

Well I'll admit it. I once owned a Ford Ranger... :hide:

It was a 1990 that I bought at a auction for $1200 and 40k miles. I had an exhaust, intake, headers and it was speedy for a 4cyl. Drove the thing for 6 years and put 100k miles on it. Never had ANY problems with it. Only maintence I spent was a new clutch and new spark plugs. It had 8 spark plugs and was a 4 cyl...:wacko: you thought the 6th plug on your pathy was tough...

But you should still get another Nissan at least!!!

Nissan Z24i 4banger is the same way, 8 spark plugs. They're definitely easier than VG30 plugs tho

As far as the Ranger thing tho, I've known a lot of people they've done well by. I'm guessing the Ranger you're referencing isn't the same thing we can get over here? And the clincher of course, is it a diesel?

Edited by tbecktold

My dad had a 1996 (I think can't remember exact year...) 5 speed 4 cylinder 4x2 Ranger. The only problem he ever had with it was the door open sensor wouldn't recognize the door being shut which would cause the dome light to stay on. It also had 8 sparkplugs (and two distributers!), it weirded me out the first time I saw it. Started counting spark plugs and went WTF?! :confused: :P