Greetings from Colombia (South America)

Guest Godot

Strange...

For one, it has a 4 cylinder 2.4 liter inline engine (which I haven't found as a spec for US based pathfinders).

And, soon (one hopes) I'll have it converted to run on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) as well as gasoline to save on my fuel costs

Other oddities (variants from US models to what is found here) will be worked out as I get to know what is different about yours

Edited by Godot

BTW,

I promise I'll do the whole before/after picture sets regarding the CNG conversion...

I understand that I might lose a little torque, but fuel savings are my main motivation... and if I realy want to, I can run gasoline if I want.

Here in Colombia CNG is inexpensive so I am told to expect a 60% or more savings vs. gasoline.

Who knows? we'll be seeing what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again!

I've got a couple of questions.

What type of mileage (fuel efficiency) do you guys get? I'm currently getting 17 Km/gl (city) 25 km / gl (highway) and whilst I do know that it's a bigger (more torque-y) engine, and the aerodinamics of a brick, but it seems a tad.. inneficient.

BTW, gasoline sold in Colombia sucks, we've got regular (87 octane) and premium (89 octane), both unleaded, and soon they're going to put an ethanol mixture into it to make it cheaper. Black Market Venezuelan Gasoline is found in shady places, and is both cheaper and richer (91 octane) but then.. the Venezuelan Govt subsidizes fuel prices, that's why venezuelans get bigger cars, gasoline is ridiculously cheap.

Another thing...

I plan on taking my "before" pictures for my Compressed Natural Gas conversion process and was wondering where in the heck to place the pictures to be able to post them adecuately. uploading them to the forums might be a pain, no?

Does anyone have any place I can upload to? help!

Well I'm getting around 15 Miles per US Gallon. I don't really want to try to convert both miles and gallons (you guys use imperical gallons right?). That's mostly rural roads, so kinda a combination of city and highway (lots of twistys and lots of straitaways too)

Welcome to the forums, good luck on the conversion :cool2: I get about 20mpg in the summer average and 16mpg in the winter....it depends on how heavy my foot is and how long I warm it up :)

Hi all, I'm finally starting the conversion thing, just got her back from body work, and you can find everything on the post I've started in The Garage: here