SCORE! Got me some goodies

Filthy Luker

I went by Performance Improvements (on Queensway in Toronto) last night to pick up the brake proportioning valve and they had a whole table worth of as is (no wiring harness) PIAA lights. I picked up two 510 series 4" fog lights! $50 instead of $250-300 that they usually retail for.

I think they took apart their PIAA lights display stand because they had a pair each from pretty much every type of lighting they make, selling for $30 to $50.

B) I love awsome scores like this!

I went back there again to order a dual oil filter relocation kit, and I ended up picking up another set of lights... :hide: a PIAA 940 Dual System Amber Fog with Clear Driving Lights :bow: for $40 Canadian. They're gonna go into the rear bumper. I'll pull out the yellow insert from the fog lights and use them as backup lights. :Magic:

They had a couple of sets of driving lights left but they went to my roomate and my coworker.

You can't pull the "insert"...it's a plated reflector sealed to the lens. Those would be MUCH better suited to your front end than the rear. Complete waste of a good set of dual-beam lights if you ask me.

Yeah, so swap them for mine. Please. :D

:confused: Complete waste? Why would I want yellow fog lights in the rear, white would be much more useful. And yes, it's just a yellow collar that's pressure fitted inside the housing. Comes right out with the lightbulb mounting plate. Perhaps you have them confused with some other PIAA light.

You miss the point. They're for the front of the vehicle, that's why they HAVE two beam choices in the first place. I concede the point about the light reflector, I don't have one in my hand to inspect, so I generalized under the impression of seeing how other similar lights were designed. My bad.

yeah, i'm with 88, i would put them up front so that way you really get some use out of them... if you just want some reverse lights you can get some real el cheapo ones and use those. you'll appreciate your nice lights if you can actually see them too ;)

I see what you're saying, but I got three sets of PIAA lights to work with. Two will go to the front (the separate 4" Fog lights, and 2" driving lights) as well as my four 130W 6" off road lights that I put on for the trails. So there is the combo fog/driving set to put on the back. I see what you're saying about buying cheapo lights for that, but I paid $40 CDN which is just over $30US for the PIAA 940s.

Either way I think you'll all like the end result. I have something very cool looking in mind, all part of my custom bumpers project. Definitely will be a wild looking and well functioning setup. Now I am going mental to find a pair of 2" round orange turn signals. Grrr... everything is either 2" LED or 2.5" disposable marker lights. :angry:

Certain to be some intense back up lights! :blink:

Personally I woulda put them up for sale -- easily coulda gotten double your money back. Could have used that to pay for two sets of cheapies to mount back there and still had $$ left over. But thats just my $.02

I feel ya. I put my old Pilot's in back under my bumper as back-ups about a year ago. I previously used them to replace the factory bumper fogs in front. What passes as OK up front along with the headlights doesn't suffice in back with little more than the stock back-up lights. Add to that I have limo tint all the way around, and I moved farther into the suburbs, almost to the woods. That means pitch black backing into the driveway at night (cause I'd rather back in while I'm fresh at night then back out half asleep in the dark in the morning). That dual system would probably be ideal wired to both work in parallel. You'd have the wide and short range light from the fogs along with the long range beam of the driving lights. Gimme gimme!!! :aok: