new to site...

Guest 05thumpinpathy

Guest 05thumpinpathy

hey whats up i am new to this site i was directed here from a friend on importpost.com there weren't any other suv owners over there and i really didnt fit it but i hope this site will be that much better..check out my pathy and let me know what u think...if u have any opinions if u could leave them on the cardomain page where i check that more often...thnx again...

My Webpage

Guest 05thumpinpathy

thanks guys leave me some feedback on what ya think on my sounddomain site...i read all unless u hate then dont bother... :takebow:

Guest 05thumpinpathy

my hids are 8000k i was gonna go wit the 6000k but figured why not so i went all the way and got the 8000k instead...the site i got them from is

http://www.ultrabrightlights.com

check em out i like them so far ive had them for a couple few months now(7) and no probs yet...

also check out my site and leave some feedback... :lol:

Nice Pathy!

One question: I would like to know more about your HIDs. Feel free to post about them in General Forums or 2005+. You are the first on the board to retrofit.

I like it!

Just so you know, those are not TRUE HID's. They are just bulbs that give off a bluish/white color. You see them all over Ebay. Y'know the ones I'm talking about. There's no retrofit involved.

A true HID involves more than just a bulb. There's a ballast powering the lights. There's only one person in the states that I know of with retrofitted R50 HID headlights and thats Dean(XPLORX4). He spent a pretty penny on them and brought them from overseas.

HIDlamp_low.jpg

HIDlamp_lowhigh.jpg

Just so you know, those are not TRUE HID's. They are just bulbs that give off a bluish/white color. You see them all over Ebay. Y'know the ones I'm talking about. There's no retrofit involved.

A true HID involves more than just a bulb. There's a ballast powering the lights. There's only one person in the states that I know of with retrofitted R50 HID headlights and thats Dean(XPLORX4). He spent a pretty penny on them and brought them from overseas.

HIDlamp_low.jpg

HIDlamp_lowhigh.jpg

No no, DJ, I understand how the HID works. So are you saying that he just plugged in the 8100k HID bulbs and called it a day? I didn't even know you could do that. I was under the impression that he spent, say, $600 for a HID retrofit, complete with ballasts and bulbs. That setup is what I thought created the horrible glare adn poor light projetion.

I didn't know that Dean had those lights, I guess those are JDM lights. I also see they have a projector, very nice.

Has anyone seen the pic of a white R50, a 1999.5+ with projectors? That's what I want. I'll ask Dean how and where he got his lights. Also curious how much that would run me, but not sure if it would be cheaper than buying E46, MDX, TSX, S-class, etc. projectors, ballasts, and bulbs.

No no, DJ, I understand how the HID works.  So are you saying that he just plugged in the 8100k HID bulbs and called it a day?  I didn't even know you could do that.  I was under the impression that he spent, say, $600 for a HID retrofit, complete with ballasts and bulbs.  That setup is what I thought created the horrible glare adn poor light projetion. 

I didn't know that Dean had those lights, I guess those are JDM lights.  I also see they have a projector, very nice. 

Has anyone seen the pic of a white R50, a 1999.5+ with projectors?  That's what I want.  I'll ask Dean how and where he got his lights.  Also curious how much that would run me, but not sure if it would be cheaper than buying E46, MDX, TSX, S-class, etc. projectors, ballasts, and bulbs.

Plugging in bulbs isn't achieving HID. 8100k is just the rating for the spectrum of light that the bulb gives off. DId you check out the link that he provided? Ultrabrightlights.com? They advertise selling 9004, 9007, H3, etc bulbs. :rolleyes: That should have been the giveaway right there.

If you got the time, you should check this link out OR99.5. Its very informational about the myths and truths of HID's.

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

Here is a quote taken from the site...

There are many companies and private merchants out there that will advertise 7000K, 8000K, and even 12000K HID kits. Most of these vendors lurk around on ebay, online car forums, websites, and ricer accessory shops. 100% of the people that buy these kits do so because they are uninformed, uneducated, or misguided in the field of lighting, and will buy these junk kits thinking three things: that these bulbs are brighter, that these bulbs should cost more money, and/or that they will perform better. All three statements are completely false.

As far as color selection goes, there are two main color temperatures out there: ~4100 kelvin, which is OEM color, and ~6000 kelvin, which is aftermarket color. By the way, the term 'color temperature' does not have any correlation with the property of 'thermal temperature'. I personally do not see any reason for buying anything other than 4100K OEM, but that's me. Some people like blue light and are willing to pay extra money for extra blueness and less brightness---and thus the 6000K market. I'm sure the reason isn't because people like to see everything on the road in bluescale, but because they want their headlights to appear blue to onlookers. The proper way to achieve more blue/violet in your HIDs is to do an OEM projector HID retrofit and upgrade the projector lenses.

All I'm saying is don't be fooled by the bulbs! ;) The higher the wattage doesn't mean higher light output. I fried tons of headlight sockets using those 8000k bulbs. They're $hit. Real HID bulbs are powered at right around 35 watts. And here's the link to that thread of Deans about those lights.

R50 JDM HID's

I won't tell you how much he spent on them...you'll just have to read for yourself! eek.gifclap.gif

Edited by DJ Dank

Guest 05thumpinpathy

ok first off i think that i can fight my own battles those pics arent the new bulbs i have in my truck now...those where taken back in like april of 05 i have 8000k HID's in my truck as we speak...i bought the whole kit everything here is the site i bougth it off of...its winter out kinda cold to be taken pics but i did put them in in the freezin weather...i will get some newer pics up this spring...heres the link you can go to buy your own if ya wanna....

http://www.ultrabrightlights.com/index.php...id=31&Itemid=70

and thanks for being so concerned for my well being but once again you should prol allow myself to talk about it first.... P...

DJ, I looked all through the site that 05thumpin provided and it has a ballast and everything. And it doesn't sell 9004 and 9005 bulbs, just HID kits that fit in a 9004 or 9005 bulb locations. Or at least that's what I gathered. Granted I know nearly nothing about HID's.

He spent a pretty penny on them and brought them from overseas.

Ugly as sin without the corner lights...

ok first off i think that i can fight my own battles...

I'm sure you can, but think of punctuation, etc as accuracy... It does wonders in effect. ;):P

My 2 cents are that if you have an older Pathy, set it up so it is run from a relay, and then add some good aftermarket lights.

If not or if you are about the bling, there are plenty of little tuck away lights that do a great job without emptying the wallet or looking silly. :shrug:

B

SOOOOO... now that you've had all sorts of people jumping all over you... welcome to the forum! :huh: Please don't be turned off by anything, as I don't think anybody is trying to be hositle. From experience, its just friendly attempts at being informative. By the way, the link to your site said there were issues, and it wouldn't work. Might just be a hosting issue though.

DJ, I looked all through the site that 05thumpin provided and it has a ballast and everything. And it doesn't sell 9004 and 9005 bulbs, just HID kits that fit in a 9004 or 9005 bulb locations. Or at least that's what I gathered. Granted I know nearly nothing about HID's.

Looks like you're right. Ok I stand corrected. ;) I went to that ultrabrightlights site and the first thing I saw was something about "Bulb Sizes: H1, H2...9004, 9005" and figured thats ALL they were selling.

Guest 05thumpinpathy
Plugging in bulbs isn't achieving HID. 8100k is just the rating for the spectrum of light that the bulb gives off. DId you check out the link that he provided? Ultrabrightlights.com? They advertise selling 9004, 9007, H3, etc bulbs. :rolleyes: That should have been the giveaway right there.

I won't tell you how much he spent on them...you'll just have to read for yourself!

yes but plugging in the whole kit is...it is all plug and play...so yes plugging in does achieve true hid...

yup another thing...4000k 6000k 8000k and 12000k all spectrum colors that give off different colors...

bulbs do break and things do happen to them....hids dont last forever...they sell replacement parts that the section you found that under...they sell the whole kit because it is plug and play say you need a 9007 bulb for a replacemtn but want hids instead so you go get 9007 hid kit...because each bulb gives off different power or draws different power...a 9006 bulb is different from a 9005 bulb...so you would need to buy a different kit for both...unless you are buying projectors or making yourown fit into a show car and dont use the stock housing your gonna have to get another bulb than what is stock...mine take a 9007 bulb so i had to get a 9007 kit...which means all the hardware came with the kit and all i had to do was plug everything in runs some wires and yes now i have true hids.......

secondly i dont have the same pathfinder as anyone in here...i think there is only a couple with 05 06 pathys...they are completely redisigned from the 04 there are no aftermarket parts such as headlight assemblies with projectors....and finding them is rare and difficult so unless we have no nice things to say about others rides or have no clue what were talking about i think we should just lay off eachother...really i thought this was supposed to be fun and enjoyable...

and i only paid 330 for the whole kit...

I sent you a PM but I guess you don't check those (it's okay, I didn't figure it out until my second month on here). But I wanted to know if those HID bad boys would work on a WD21? A WD21 is 87-95, some are 2-door and some are 4-door... just a quick history lesson. Anyways, let me know.