WTF

FLApathy

ok ok, this is weird

you know how it says NPORA->General topics->WTF

well look at it again, it says Flea->General topics->WTF

or at least it does on mine

and then where it says NPORA again on the same line that has the search bar it says "Naked Python O*** A*** S**"

wtf is going on

i havent be following up on the virus thread but i think that may have something to do with it, i really hope im not the only one who sees this

edit: ok i see this was addresed in the virus thread but i figured id keep it here for ppl who havent been following that thread

Edited by FLApathy

You are not the only one who sees it. I suspect someone found a back door to the site and is fooling around. So far it can be fixed, but not by me. Lets hope they had their fun and don't really trash things, it would be a shame to lose our database of information or be unable to access the site. We'll find out I suppose... :furious:

B

Ok, did some poking on my comp and came up with this...

http://127.0.0.1:1027/js.cgi?pca&r=26969­

js[1]­

HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Content-type: application/x-javascript

I believe thats what JS.Wonka puts in your index.dat file in Content.IE5 (IE6 or IE7 if thats your version ?) folder on your computer. that IP just comes up as 'localhost'. Anyone know anything more ??

B

You are not the only one who sees it. I suspect someone found a back door to the site and is fooling around. So far it can be fixed, but not by me. Lets hope they had their fun and don't really trash things, it would be a shame to lose our database of information or be unable to access the site. We'll find out I suppose... :furious:

B

Don't give the dickhead any ideas B.

Jim will have to get this sorted out.

Something similar happened to my forums...when I tried to alleviate it, the forum software disappeared off my host.

However, the DB was still there. Had to reinstall the forum software and everything went back to normal. Now I've got added security on the host and on the forums...

oh noes! weve been haxored!!!

this has happened to several forums (in the past) that im a member of. usually its nothing big...but other times they really wipe it out. lets hope they have had their fun and are moving on. im gonna :hide::hide: :help:

My McAfee popped up with a "Trojan Detected amd Cleaned" message as soon as I selected this site from my favorites....So far I don't see anything wierd at all! If you guys have any virus software then update it and run it. Also needs to be run on the host server since that's where it originated from.

If you don't then follow the linky to a free one..

FREE VIRUS SCAN

My McAfee popped up with a "Trojan Detected amd Cleaned" message as soon as I selected this site from my favorites....So far I don't see anything wierd at all! If you guys have any virus software then update it and run it. Also needs to be run on the host server since that's where it originated from.

If you don't then follow the linky to a free one..

FREE VIRUS SCAN

That's what I had too, McAfee popped up with the Trojan horse message earlier, but it said it was handled. I didn't even make the NPORA connection in my head, but I had just jumped onto the forum. I still saw the "flea" thing and though B was screwing around. :rolleyes: Hopefully that is all, and we'll be ok from now on.

The JS.Wonka is still present, my firewall picks it up every time. Oddly enough, sometimes it can deal with it, other times not. I'm not sure why, but I am certain different computer security set ups get different effects.

B

firefox here as well. im about sick of microsoft products. if i could afford a halfway decent mac i would in a heartbeat. between windows, MSN messenger, and IE...iv about had it!

but uh yeah..no worries here so far -bounce-