87 pathfinder

cohen

I just got an 87 pathfinder from one of my dad's friends. I've cleaned it up a lot. I'll post pics later on. It has 31's on it. I've just spend about 1200 on an alpine system. I hope to get it lifted some and maybe 33's. Any other suggestions?? I'm new to the whole off-roading thing. I've been a car guy my whole life and now I have a truck, and I can't wait to go mudding with it.

hello and welcome!! WAVEY

well.. to fit 35's you're gunna need about 3-6" bl and 3"+ suspension lift like 88's pathy....

mud is good... hehehe.... hope you enjoy your pathy as much as we (usually) enjoy ours! :beer:

**don't forget to add yourself to our member location list!! :aok:

http://www.frappr.com/npora <~~ add yourself here

Edited by Slick

What Slick meant to say is to fit 33's you will need 3 inches of body lift, and 3 inches of suspension lift, plus quite a bit of trimming. Suspension lift is gained by using new Upper Control Arms and new springs or modified springs from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You will also need to beef up the whole steering system. Calmini makes a heavy duty steering kit www.purenissan.com , you could also buy most of the steering components from L&P Preformance, www.lpperformance.com This would include their idler arm, pitman arm, and centerlink. This is definatly required because the stock system CAN NOT handle tires larger than 31.

WAVEY Welcome to the board! Hope we can answer any and all questions you might have!

Welcome cohen !! While I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of building it up, like MZ said, there is no reason you can't do some wheeling as it sits. You just may be suprised at how capable it is. ;)

B

What Slick meant to say is to fit 33's you will need 3 inches of body lift, and 3 inches of suspension lift, plus quite a bit of trimming. Suspension lift is gained by using new Upper Control Arms and new springs or modified springs from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You will also need to beef up the whole steering system. Calmini makes a heavy duty steering kit www.purenissan.com , you could also buy most of the steering components from L&P Preformance, www.lpperformance.com This would include their idler arm, pitman arm, and centerlink. This is definatly required because the stock system CAN NOT handle tires larger than 31.

WAVEY Welcome to the board! Hope we can answer any and all questions you might have!

:clap: well said.. i was tired.... :bow:

thanks guys. You are defintely the friendliest people on any board I've met so far. By now my thread would have been flamed because I'm a noob or because I came from the tuner scene. Thanks for all the help! :aok:

I have to agree this is one of the nicest boards around. Probably has something to do with a lack of 13 year olds who just figured out that they can be completely anonomous on the internet... Or maybe owning a pathfinder just makes you a nicer person. :D

Cohen, '87 is my first 4x4 ever. I love it. The first time off-road got stuck just a little ways from the road. got some muds and haven't been stuck since. hit this site daily and ask a lot of questions. If you have 1100$ for sound, your gonna make some folks jealous because there are a lot of mods that can be done to a Pathy for the same amount.

Welcome