CRASH!

lovebunny

You also say that the small dint in the Volvo rear bumper stopped it from even starting?? Why am I finding this story hard to swallow? You're not GWBush are you?

Prolly has an impact sensor for the fuel pump like Mustangs and such that has to be reset if you hit the rear bumper too hard.

Hmm... I wonder if Bush would shut off if you kicked him in the arse hard enough.

ok update!!! the towtruck came and got it today. and insurance is saying its not my fault becuase there is damage on the back aswell that wasnt there before. so now there lookin for the dude who hit and ran. there were several eyewitnesses. if its really that much to repair there just gonna total it. in wich case we will take it and have my buddy who build custom cars for a living do it for the cost of parts.because i cant get a car this nice for how much they would give me if they totalled it. ill let yall know

well they totalled it because of the airbags deploying. so there going to give me between 8 and 9 k to get a new car. what shall i get!?!?! iim not sure if i want another pathy because i think haviung a truck would be a bigger advantage to me

well they totalled it because of the airbags deploying. so there going to give me between 8 and 9 k to get a new car. what shall i get!?!?! iim not sure if i want another pathy because i think haviung a truck would be a bigger advantage to me

They are giving you how much!?! Thats a pretty generous settlement, count yourself lucky.

Here is from when I bought mine if you go the R50 route:

When I bought mine...

For that money, I would buy an E36 BMW. Just make sure you have a little bit of change left over. Or you could buy a 3rd gen Toyota 4Runner, I miss mine so much!

Possibilities abound! Keep us posted!

They totaled it for that !!!??? WTF ??? Sheesh, the damage was 2-3x that on mine when I crashed it and I got it back on the road for <$2k (although it still needs some work). What I would do is find out if there is any significant unibody tweak. If not, find out what the buy back amount would be. With some luck you can buy back for $3k, put $2-3k in it to have everything fixed (within reason), forget the freakin airbags (they are just for wimps and fat lips) and have $2-3k to mod it, pay off some bills or buy more body armor for racing (you can NEVER have enough).

If you just dont want to go there, I'd suggest a Fronty if you want to stick with Nissan. Hell find out about the unibody condition and the buy back amount. I may just fix it up for my GF...

B

LB, glad to hear you came out of it alright. :aok:

They totaled it for that !!!??? WTF ???

And people wonder why insurance cost so much...

What I would do is find out if there is any significant unibody tweak. If not, find out what the buy back amount would be. With some luck you can buy back for $3k, put $2-3k in it to have everything fixed (within reason), forget the freakin airbags (they are just for wimps and fat lips) and have $2-3k to mod it, pay off some bills or buy more body armor for racing (you can NEVER have enough).

If you just dont want to go there, I'd suggest a Fronty if you want to stick with Nissan. Hell find out about the unibody condition and the buy back amount. I may just fix it up for my GF...

B

I'm with B on this one... before doing anything check into the buy back/repair costs, then go from there.

Just something to think about -thnkboutit-

Stick to a Nissan....you gotta put those free rims on something! I see the Insurance companies point and airbag can cost $1800 or so (Inclucding labor)

That deal in the Auto Trader is a good one, but i didn't think any of the 1997's had the option of a spare tire carrier?

take the cash, pay your insurance company a couple hundred bucks for the salvage (heck, they can't use it). Retitle it (required) as a salvaged vehicke and fix it yourself. 60 to 80% fo the cost to repair is in the labor.

• 2 weeks later...

:aok: DUDE, SORRY ABOUT THE WRECK I FEEL YOU LAST THANKSGIVING I WAS TRAVELING HOME FORM TX AND HIT BLACK ICE DOING 65 SKIDDED ALL OVER BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD THEN SLID OFF THE ROAD SIDWAYS. THOUGHT I RECOVERED THEN MY DRIVER FRONT TIRE BLEW OUT AND I ROLLED IT ON ITS SIDE AND SLID ANOTHER 25 FEET OR SO. IT WAS FREEZING COLD OUT. AND i WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE WITH MY WIFE. THE SO-CALLED EMT WHO DRIVES HIS OWN TRUCK PULLED UP ASKED IF WE WERE ALRIGHT (i HAD A SMALL CUT ON MY HEAD NO BIG DEAL. THEN HE TOLD ME THERE WAS ANOTHER ROLL-OVER 1/2 MILE UP AHEAD WITH A CASUALTY SO THE COP (SMALL TOWN) WAS GOING TO BE DEALING WITH THAT FOR AWHILE. WE WAITED UNTIL A STATE TROOPER FILED A REPORT. THE EMT SAID HE THOUGHT WE COULD WINCH THE TRUCK BACK ON IT'S TIRES SO WE DID. I CHANGED THE BLOWN TIRE AND DROVE IT HOME!! I AM A PATHY OWNER FOR LIFE. 2,000 DOLLARS IN DAMAGE TOO. WORST PART ABOUT IT I HAD TO DRIVE HOME IN A BLIZZARD 3 HOURS WITH NO DRIVER SIDE WINDOW.

Deselect your caps lock feature, pry the damn button off the key board and throw it away. It's annoying as hell !! THANKS !!!

B

Edited by Precise1

That deal in the Auto Trader is a good one, but i didn't think any of the 1997's had the option of a spare tire carrier?

No, its not really. As I said, I got my 1999.5 with everything but leather for $8,000! With 92k miles on it. All I can tell you is to buy from a private seller. Typically less BS too than the dealers. Buying mine was a bit of a crapshoot with no previous maintenence records, but all has been well for the past 10k miles with only maintenance items replaced. If I were you I would get a BMW, but that just me!