CRASH!

lovebunny

so i noticed that bigmike crashed his pathy yesterday. and i decided that i was gonna to it to mine today. so this guy cuts off the guy in front of me and then the guy behind me hits me. resulting in this:

53198119_162132023_0.jpg

53199087_162135288_0.jpg

53198393_162132928_0.jpg

53198282_162132561_0.jpg

53199209_162135694_0.jpg

53197973_162131500_0.jpg

its funny though. because if the radiator didnt break in half and my airbags didnt deploy. i coulda drove home. my cars working perfect. the volvo wouldnt even start though. oh and my lip is swollen to like 3x its normal size because of the airbag

You have to be doing a certain speed (aprox 15 mph) for your air bags to deploy.

Still, with the damage to your Pathy, I would scrap it and get an earlier model. That way you can at least make it into a real 4x4. :X I can't believe I just said that. :D Facts are facts though, aren't they?

im really not kidding bout the volvo. we had to push his car out of the street. i think its worse than it looks on his car. and what happened was the road has a 35 mph speed limit and he slammed his brakes i slammed mine. the guy behind me didnt do anything so i slammed the guy in front of me. then the guy behind me sped off.

Sorry to hear that Bud. Hopefully your insurance deals with it without issues and that something nasty happens to that POS that hit and ran. Whats with people not owning up to their mistakes ? I hate cowards. :angry:

End of the day though you and the other driver are ok. You can always buy another car...

B

i dont want to buy another car. i love my pathy. if i get another car itll be a 95 pathy. but i think she'll pull through. i took a test drive around the block and other than the radiator its running good. no funny noises. no frame bendage from what i can tell. all the doors open and close right and theres no visible frame damage or twisting

I would scrap it and get an earlier model. That way you can at least make it into a real 4x4. :X I can't believe I just said that. :D

pssd me neither!!

(actually I can believe you said that, but I was trying to be nice)

Lovebunny, sorry to hear about your pathy... you said the guy behind you hit you too? no damage there??

vengeful, looks like with lovebunny and bigbikemike, you should have to more guys signing your TJM request...!!

Well..it looks like its going to be a Shrockworks request afterall! TJM decided to be a bunch of ninnies on me.

And damn bunny...that really sucks. I've been hit-n-runned a couple times, but they took the brunt of it. God I love my sliders and tow-hitch!

ok so my lip is stiiill all huge. goot thing i wear a fullface helmet because im riding for sure tomorrow. yeah the car still runs and everythings good so i dont think there gonna total it. now i just gotta clean all the blood out. i think i was going just fast enough for the airbag to deply. i think in this situation i was worse off with the airbag. this lip thing sucks

Dude, that sucks. Hope your insurance takes care of you. A front impact costs a ton between the main damage and all the little trim and stuff. Hopefully they make you right again. Other than that, glad to hear you are ok, a kick to the balls to the sunovabitch that drove off, and good luck!

what you need to do is replace your bummper with an ARB then you just destory the guy in front of you :rolleyes: thats what i did to a ford probe that was stoped on top of a blind hill and he didnt have his breaks on so i thought he was moving and then i notised he wasnt long stroy short 4 cars one kid in a probe that i had manged to move his hatch back door up a good 5 inchs 2 pissed off moms later that had a lil paint swaped. now i have to go to defensive driving YAY

Bummer for you man! Sorry to hear it. Hope your lip heals soon.

The damage looks ~$5000. Airbags aren't cheap, and the dash will have to be replaced, too. That'll be a pretty big chunk of change.

In '98 my truck met a similar fate, although the damage was much less severe. $2000 was the insurance estimate, and that didn't include airbags, radiator, hood, or fenders! That helped fund my bumper and winch. :D

Yes please, update us!!

I did not take the rubber off, I sanded a bunch, primed as much, and just used a smaller brush in the tight areas....I seriously love this bumper guard!! I bought rear back up lights today for the truck too!!

Edited by 98silverpathy

Sorry to hear about your crash love bunny.. and big mike... idiot season I guess.

I have heard in low speed crashes the air bag deployed and caused the driver more damage that if it hadn't deployed... wtf. I am glad I don't have air bags (except my lungs of course).. glad everyone is ok. I think it's time to bring out the big guns and get an ARB hehehe...

I am with Mr P.. swift kick in the gonads for the hit n run retard.. I hope you spot him in town sometime....