HAHAHAHA Another example

MaritimeMan

I wrote them in search of info about the bolts they add to their BL for 91-95 pathfinders:

To: info@4x4parts.com

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:41 PM

Subject: Info on your 91-95 Pathfinder Body lift

Hello, I am searching for information on your 3" Body Lifts for 91-95 Pathfinders. You web page says the required bolts are added to the kit. I have purchased a Performance Accessories 3" body lift, and the specifications for the kit says 87-90. I was wondering if you could please supply me with the dimensions of the bolts you add to the kit, so I may install it on my 91 Pathfinder. Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Ryan

Seems fair enough, just lookin for some info so I can put mine on. Here's what they replied back:

To: "Ryan Tarabochia" <crazzycroatian@yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: Info on your 91-95 Pathfinder Body lift

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:04:23 -0400

Hi Ryan,

The body lifts we sell include the bolts. If you purchased the kit somewhere else, we can sell you the bolts separately for $7.50 per bolt. These are not available in the US.

If you would like to order or have further questions, feel free to contact us.

Jane Miller

Automotive Customizers

1700 NW 22nd Court #2

Pompano Beach, FL 33069

954-971-3510

(fax) 954-971-3770

www.4x4parts.com

HAHAHAHA since when are bolts not available in the US?!?!? Seriously here. I mean, sure they have a business to run, but jeez. Just another reason why I am going through the method of figuring out what I need on my own than buying the kit from a Sh!tty company.

What dip ishts !! You could buy the bolts for $3 each max (plus shipping if required). All they would do is save some lazy ass (like MM) the time to pull a bolt, measure it, and do some 4th grade math. :P

"not available in the US" Oh, so they are Indian zink coated pot metal that no one else would carry ? I dare them to name a bolt I couldn't find several good suppliers for, from brass to grade 8.

I run into this kind of crap at auto or hardware places all the time... "You can't get it anywhere else" or "we are the only ones who carry that". BS ! I say I'm a tool and die maker and know there are many suppliers. "Ok, if you think you know" they say.

I had one asshat tell me "they don't make those (bolts)" WTF ? I said fine, I'll make my own. "You cant, thats not possible" it said. I told him to put on his 'tard helmet before he fell down and did more damage...

All that said, pull the damn bolt MM and do some math. If you can't find a place to order it, I will. You have wasted 5x the time it would have taken to do it yourself already !! Sheesh, some peoples... :P

B

All that said, pull the damn bolt MM and do some math. If you can't find a place to order it, I will. You have wasted 5x the time it would have taken to do it yourself already !! Sheesh, some poeples... :P

B

:laugh: ^^^ :laugh:

Touchy, isn't he

Shut up Red !! :D

It just goes back to another thread where I said the same thing and he just said he was lazy... ;)

B

well, he must be.. if i was an owner of a business that was in part sales i'd also offer him my bolts and say i couldn't open the box to look for him.. what did you expect?

well, he must be.. if i was an owner of a business that was in part sales i'd also offer him my bolts and say i couldn't open the box to look for him.. what did you expect?

ummm.. no nevermind (better judgement took control) sly :hide:

Really though, pull a bolt and measure. Anything close will work, hell, you could always throw on an extra washer or spacer if you were a bit too long. I wish I still had my box of discarded BL stuff... I'd figure it out, then I'd charge you $6.50 each... plus shipping of course. :P

Shut up Red !! :D

MZ, I agree, I told him just to pull a damn bolt and go from there...

Precise...is that really you in the avatar??? That looks like early stroke material to me!

I'm normally more relaxed, but life is being obstinate, so I'm getting irritated... No worries, the veins can handle it for a while... :huh:

B

Nah, all mice are all dead, and rats are being trapped and poisoned as we speak...

Got much bigger things that need attention, a decent job and place to live to start with. Note my avatar and description. Ok, I know you are slow... :P

Note my avatar and description.

Think you can go from there ??

Oh, and Shut up Red !! :D

B

Stock size is a 10x110x1.25 thread pitch. I bet the length on the earlier Pathy bolts are the same, so that'd make it a 10x430x1.25 for an approximate 3" gain, unless my math is wrong. Of course, math never was my strong suit. ;)

Hmm, what do you get if you cube the length to try and get a answer with a 3x larger sum than the original length? Is that totally off or what?

*puts down the beer and puts out the joint*

My point exactly......Not trying to defend AC, but come on man, business' don't survive by giving away info or product for free.

Find a place that sells industrial supplies like Grainger or McMaster-Carr or even a local bolt supplier like I have here, Ababa-QA. Bring one of the bolts to a machine shop or even Lowe's or Home Depot to find the thread count/pitch and the size.

I completely agree with the fact that AC has poor Cust/Serv. Trying to call them and find info on a product you want to buy is difficult at best....and IF someone gets back to you then you have to ask all the same questions again, because the lady who answers the phone asks you for all this info but the guy who calls you back never seems to have any of this info....Seems like my Doctors office...Hey wait a minute...No can't be! Never mind!

Stock size is a 10x110x1.25 thread pitch. I bet the length on the earlier Pathy bolts are the same, so that'd make it a 10x430x1.25 for an approximate 3" gain

LOL 88 *takes beer and joint away from him* I don't think you need any more... :P

If the original bolt was M10x1.25mm 110mm long and you added a 3 inch lift (76.2mm) the required bolt would be 190mm long (200mm should work fine). "10x430x1.25" would be almost 17" long !! :D

Bring one of the bolts to a machine shop or even Lowe's or Home Depot to find the thread count/pitch and the size.

I highly recommend buying a cheap set of dial calipers. They can be had for $20. you can measure bolts (OD and pitch) and they have many other uses as well. Once you have them, you'll wonder how you got along without. ;)

B

9 inches... just a few washers should suck that up in no time. Thats what I'd do, Screw the damn bolts, just buy a Box of washers, yeah. In fact, I heard if you use Preformance washers Sold from AC you could get away with only using Half the amount. Really!.. Thats what the sales lady told me. :contract:

And at least your not in my situation. Bought this Rig with a 3inch lift on it already and it wasn't till later I noticed the Floor was completely Rotted away right by the Passenger side Front Body mount. I'm talking FULL HOLE here enough to stop Flinstone style. :oops: The only Way I could fix it was to Cut a Big piece of Body sheet metal, Hammer it to Fit, Torch it to Fit well, and Rivit the damn thing Right over the Top of the Body lift bolt. This 3"inch lift Is not ever coming off!!! :furious:

Dowser

Edited by Dowser