Lockers...I'm So Confused

SteeevO

as my project date gets closer i'm looking for more options.. i'm want to get a front locker... and after reading many other posts i'm getting confused as to what is available and what has been discontinued... i really just wanna know whats availiable. if i can't find anything for the front i am going to just lock up the back with a powertrax lockright.

thnx

i am pretty sure 88 explained it all pretty clearly up front of this thread.. jeez..

does anyone have parts numbers for lockers for the front diff?

i'm going to be tearing into the conversion proj. here in a few weeks and i figure while i have everything out I might as well put lockers in..

thnx

->SteeevO

No, I only covered the rear lockers above.

The only lockers for the front are an ARB air locker or welding it yourself. You can modify/use a 300ZX rear LSD centersection(Calmini sells them), but they're rare and just as expensive as an air locker usually.

No, that's NOT correct.

An open diff will supply power to both tires equally until one tire has substantially less traction. THAT'S when only one tire gets all the power.

Someone got served??? YA I THINK SO! Hahahah jk jk jk

But ya AS USUAL Aaron is right AND he is the man!

Rami

• 5 years later...

Detroit No-Spin Locker(Tractech, Inc): As far as I know, these have been discontinued and the only Detroit lockers for Nissans you can find anymore are used or pretty rusty from sitting in the box, heh. Tractech.com has more info on those.hose are your choices.

Then what is this?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/complete-detroit-locker-assembly-p-5024.html

Edited by BonnerBB

They are in stock and on the shelf. They are still being produced.

... did i really ask this questions 6 years ago? lol wow. a lot has changed in 6 years.

Edited by SteeevO

They are in stock and on the shelf. They are still being produced.

... did i really ask this questions 6 years ago? lol wow. a lot has changed in 6 years.

I asked myself this same question...

At first i thought maybe it was an informative thread, and then I was like "wait... what? now this guy makes aftermarket parts for us??"

So the price the difference between the Detroit (new link) http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/ProductsbyCategory/Automotive/DifferentialsLockingDifferentials/PCT_225759

and the Lock right. Is that the Detroit is a whole unit for $625 and the lock right is just the internals to convert your Open for $325. They style of operation (locking and unlocking) is similar

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/images/F7315075.jpg

Thank guys.

It's been great being part of the Nissan 4x4 community and helping build trucks bigger and better.

Feel free to give me a ring if you guys have any questions or need parts. I don't always catch the questions here on the board.