How many are cosidering ditching their Pathy?

keithb7

Ya Albertans drive faster then the rest of us there speed limit is 110kph ours in Manitoba is 100kph mind you, you can go another 9kph without getting pulled over I think in Alberta you can drive faster as the cops are more relaxed without getting a ticket.

Alberta Rocks ;)

:beer:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one for you....I mentioned give up the Pathy due to gas prices and the number of miles I drive a day.....and to my surprise she said NO WAY! She's the one who picked it out and even though it's been modified from the original, she stil loves it and handed me the keys to her Volvo S40 LSE and said for me to drive her car and she'll take the truck!!!......Has Anyone Seen My Real Wife!!!!! I am now married to an alien....

no, I drove in Ontario.. there really seemed just 3 limit: 100, 80 and 50... but everybody told me that speeding upto 20 over was OK.. i really didn't see that many people doing that though... 10, yes most of them did that.. a few 15s or so... i really didn't mind.. i drove speed limit quite a bit too just peeping at things..

Yeah the fuel prices are killing my wallet. However, I would never fathom getting rid of the pathy!!! :rolleyes: I've got too much blood, sweat and $$$ invested and plus I her off in 5 more months! :bow:

Me too.. plus the fact that diesel is more expensive than gas right now.. and I hate that icky black smoke and the constant rattle of a diesel...not to mentin the power loss... -bounce- *hugz her pathy and reassures it that we will get through this gas crisis*

Guest pathy91

I have also felt the pinch :( of high gas prices. I have been keeping my foot out of the pedal and averaging 19mpg. I was considering a 94-95 Pathy for a daily driver while I park the 91 and modify it. If gas continues to escalete, I may have to reconsider my plans and find a more fuel efficient DD. That would really suck.

Edited by pathy91

Yah! I think I'll keep her, besides I don'tthink the return policy is good after 15 years of marrige!

LOL yeah, probably not! :laugh:

Although she's getting zero MPG right now (broken :( ) I can't see getting rid of my Path anytime soon. Due to gas prices or otherwise.

Yah! I think I'll keep her, besides I don'tthink the return policy is good after 15 years of marrige!

LOL yeah, probably not! :laugh:

Although she's getting zero MPG right now (broken :( ) I can't see getting rid of my Path anytime soon. Due to gas prices or otherwise.

LOL Red i was talking about my wife! LOL :lol:

I cut my fuel usage by nearly 40% by shifting my work time. I now no longer sit in traffic and burn gas for an hour. 15 minutes and I'm here. I plan to keep the pathy and offset the price of gas this winter by charging to pull carollas and such out fo the snow.

I am about to get a scooter for commuting to work. I only have to commute 15 miles per day but parking is a pain also. Looking at Yamaha Zuma or Piaggio Typhoon (- 70 mpg +). Keep the Pathy for rainy days and weekends / trips. Of course we have mild winters, may not be good for you guys in the snow belt!

I am about to get a scooter for commuting to work

Dude, buy a small freeway legal motorcycle (185cc+ here) rather than a scooter. First off, scooters are lame. Second and MOST important, they are more dangerous !! You cant get away from anything by hitting the gas, and cars will crowd you until you are riding on the side of the lane and they are passing you. Bad news !! I have seen it a thousand times. Don't go there ! Also you sit 'in' a scooter and 'on' a motorcycle... If isht hits the fan, you cant get out of/away from a scooter fast enough. Obviously, make your own choices, but as a rider for 25 years, I strongly recommend against it !!! Get a Honda 250 enduro (on/off road), it will get 40-50 MPG, be much safer, and will take you down the trails the pathy cant.

B

Sell or get rid of a Patthy:confused:

I have had Pathy blood in my veins since seeing that 1986/87 commercal of them driving through the Brazilian Rain Forest. At the time I was driving a 1982 Toyota Land Crusher:) Traded that in on a 1984 RX7 GSL-SE, had a need for speed that was crushed by a drunk driver on a rainy night in Redmond WA getting onto 520.

Picked up my 88 in 1990, and will continue driving the 95 till hell freezes over then will offer to pull Satan him self out if needed:)

Sorry just a little wild there.

Wifey drives a 95 Subaru Legacy.

I am about to get a scooter for commuting to work

Dude, buy a small freeway legal motorcycle (185cc+ here) rather than a scooter. First off, scooters are lame. Second and MOST important, they are more dangerous !! You cant get away from anything by hitting the gas, and cars will crowd you until you are riding on the side of the lane and they are passing you. Bad news !! I have seen it a thousand times. Don't go there ! Also you sit 'in' a scooter and 'on' a motorcycle... If isht hits the fan, you cant get out of/away from a scooter fast enough. Obviously, make your own choices, but as a rider for 25 years, I strongly recommend against it !!! Get a Honda 250 enduro (on/off road), it will get 40-50 MPG, be much safer, and will take you down the trails the pathy cant.

B

safety aside... scooter doesn't have to be licensed in many states (read less taxes) and being 50cc the millage is more then phenomenal... tooot, tooot... hehehe

safety aside...

Nope, and no thanks... Not listening !! Do you ride a scooter MZ ? The damn things are dangerous ! A small motorcycle gets close to the same milage as it is not floored all the time and is much more useful/versatile and will last a lot longer and have better resale value. I hear you about not needing licensing/saving $, but how much $ did you save when you get run into a ditch or car and break a leg or arm ?? Not trying to bash you Bud, but I have had this conversation with people many times before. Personally, I would never go the scooter route. Small motorcycle is the best option in my experience.

B

I recently traded a 5 min/ 3 mile commute for 40 min/ 20 miles each way with the new house, so I've gone from 1 tank lasting over 2 weeks or more to lasting 1 week at $2.60+. :oops: I was seriously considering selling the Pathy for a while between recent problems, vehicle age, need for a truck bed, etc. Then I talked to my brother who drives a bit more than me for work in his '01 Chevy. He's burning something like $60-80 a tank X's 1 or 2 a week to put food on the table. No thanks! 17.5 MPG is decent enough with almost 6" of lift.

By the way, all the comarisons to European prices for fuel are pretty unfounded. That's even the case with many Eastern US cities vs. out west. Everything is so far apart out here, and often (as is the case here) public transportation simply isn't a viable option. I suppose I could go that route, although it would take me about 3 hours each way to work or so. Sure the price may be half again more or double, but it takes many twice as long to get where they're going. And the only people that can afford to live close in are those willing to fork out $300K for a tiny shack. We've simply got the deck stacked differently than many others, so you've gotta make you compromises where you see fit- pay up to live close in, or pay up in gas and live with it.

I haved owned my 95 pathy since day 1. I quit my job shortly after I bought it and have been working from home since then. Since my rig is payed off and I don't drive it that much (last fill was a month ago) I can't afford to trade it in and take on a car payment. I may only get about 15-16 mpg but it beats shelling all that money for a new vehicle. I just filled up this morning and it was at 2.54 a gallon with a safeway club card. I saved 6 cents a gallon and it still cost me $43.00 to fill :furious:

well, get ready to pay even more.. barrell just hit $66... :eek:

B, no i don't ride a scooter nor a motorcycle but my retired neighbour has one and enjoys it tremendously to just putt around town.. Europe is full of them and I do like them... Vespa, Vespa... hahahaha

hey, you could get run over stepping out your front door.. ;)