armour for your r. corners?

94extreme

is there anyway to protect the body behind the rear wheel... almost tore the whole thing off while wheeling this weekend and would like to figure out a way to make some kind of slider type deal to protest the rear overhang.. is it even possible?

Ooohh.... nice!

Maybe I shoulda got the bigger wire feed welder... :o

Nahh... Just need to get a big a## stick welder for the plate stuff!

Anybody got one laying around they don't need?

Edited by mws

if u didnt want to make mods to the truck itself when i 1st read the post i thought about taking some 2" or 3" square tubing and (not looking at clearences and what not) just a rough idea...could be cut and welded to the frame as a reciever w/2 on both sides to sturdy it up and build something like they have on the tacoma...and build a rear hitch attachment that would allow the same for the rearthat could be hooked into the side guards to sturdy it up even more...wish i could draw up my ideas that'd help out a lil bit cuze its hard to explain in words...but some1 might get the general idea...

another thing would to build some "rock sliders" and if i remember like on my pathy the back end would fit in the end posts on the hitch and could weld something to the frame near the back of the rear wheel well to make a uniform slider all the way down the truck?

possible downfalls i see is the sliders breaking or flexing and doing more damage to the sheetmetal then what would have just typically happened without any mods as well as possibly effecting ground clearence coming out of holes/creeks and what not...i know my hitch drags a lot esp in the creeks i've crossed around here...

Definitily nicely done !!! What really excites me is that the guy is in Rhonert Park, 10 miles away !! I just drove through there 1 hour ago. I'm going to stop by next week and say Hi !!

B