NPORA Logos/Stickers

DJ Dank

Ok so I figure I'd post this here as this will get read more than the other thread in the Services section.

I emailed this sign shop thats down the street from me and showed them the logo...

NPORArearURL.jpg

They said it no prob. They have intermediate vinyl and high performance. The difference in price is minimal so definitely the latter.

But I want to know what size you guys want. Initially I said 12in by 4 in...thats 30.48cm x 10.16cm for you metric Canadians... B)

Is that a good size?

And btw, that logo was just given to get an idea of the possibility of them doing it. So of course really its still up for discussion. Throw some ideas or pics up if you want!

:secret:

Edited by DJ Dank

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good follow through DJD !! Personally, I think it is just fine the way you have suggested; clean, simple, and still looks nice. Count me in for a couple. Well done !

B

thats 30.48cm x 10.16cm for you metric Canadians... B)

*gets out a ruler*

hahaha... I find most of us still use inches for stuff like that, much easier...

that size sounds good, and like I said, I like the design, nice & simple.

thats 30.48cm x 10.16cm for you metric Canadians... B)

*gets out a ruler*

hahaha... I find most of us still use inches for stuff like that, much easier...

that size sounds good, and like I said, I like the design, nice & simple.

Yeah...just my attempt at being a smart ass...i don't know if I've ever seen anyone use cm's....maybe Km's and M's but cm's...lol

Yeah...just my attempt at being a smart ass...i don't know if I've ever seen anyone use cm's....maybe Km's and M's but cm's...lol

I kinda pick & choose when I use Metric vs. Imperial

Um, yeah.... Imperial is brittish, Standard is amurrican.... It equals the same in linear distances but differs in other categories....

Trust me, it's my job to know the nuances, and they are lame !

If only we all used metric... It SO makes sense... Just adjust your eyeballs people ! I'm so sick of this Kings foot BS !!!

B

If only we all used metric... It SO makes sense... Just adjust your eyeballs people ! I'm so sick of this Kings foot BS !!!

B

lol well spoken b!

I like the stickers, wouldn't mind having a few for myself if they come available.

Um, yeah.... Imperial is brittish, Standard is amurrican.... It equals the same in linear distances but differs in other categories....

Trust me, it's my job to know the nuances, and they are lame !

B

but isn't metric just based on a couple scribes on a stick then broken into factors of 10?

No. Metric is based on the diameter of the Earth, I think.

I can understand that metric makes more sense, but you know that nobody will want to learn how to use it (in the USA anyways). Even when I see the benifits, I don't want to learn how to use it.

Yes k9sar and yes wheelman. Personally, I dont care what it based on, just that things are done logically from there... Factor 10 is easy to work with because our simple math is based on it; why not use a measurement system that is the same ? The standard (american) units are totally out dated and senseless. Take drill sizes for example. You have fractional, letter and number drills. This is because different industrys refused to cooperate or standardize their measuring units out of spite or initial cost. The result is a drill index that has gaps in it up to .03-.04". As a tool and die maker that has regularly worked in microns or ten thousandths of an inch (and lower) I can tell you that's insane ! Standard metric drills are every .1mm or aproximately .004". There is always a drill size close to what you need and if you need closer, it can be easily ordered. When I had my machine shop I ordered everything in metric...

About 20-25 years ago there was a push in the US to go metric; I saw the sense in that when I was 10 !! Big industry (car manufacturers mainly) stopped it by complaining how much it would cost to switch over. Now, any company that wants to be globally competitive uses metric dimensions and fasteners. Duhhh !!!

As for the people who complained that it is too hard to learn, WTF ??? You got 10 fingers and toes dont you ? Learning the names of the units is too hard, yet you can recite the Dodgers pitchers stats ?? WTF. It is simple resistance to change... American Standard is lame, problematic and out dated. Metric is far easier, makes more sense, and more cost effective in the long run in several ways.

Yeah, it's a bit of a rant, but this is something I have had to deal professionally for 15 years for no good reason. I welcome any arguements; I'll squash them like a bug...

B

Ok wheelman, you are now a squashed lazy bug !! :P

And Pezzy, yes, I ranted off topic and not in the off topic forum... But I was following the threads. Still, my bad !! I'm human aren't I ?? (*asks the GF, no answer*) I'll create a post and transfer posts if necessary. What would you rather have, invisible eye in the sky or someone who dives into the pit and mixes it up ? You (all) decide, and I'll comply... :shrug:

B

What would you rather have, invisible eye in the sky or someone who dives into the pit and mixes it up ? You (all) decide, and I'll comply... :shrug:

B

You wouldn't be able to be the invisible eye in the sky, even if you wanted to be. You're a postwhore, through and through!!!! :P

We don't want you to be either. There's usually a nugget of good information, in between thousands of senseless whoring posts.

I dont care if things get off topic, as long as we get back on topic!! I didnt want to see DJ Danks thread sent to la la land over what bloody measurment system is better... WHO THE HELL CARES!! (I mean really - there are better things to worry about...)

you dont just GET one of those stickers - you have to EARN it... (not to say you havent earned it!)

Edited by Pezzy