Ok, Bye Bye For A While

MaritimeMan

Well kids, it's been real, it's been fun, but not real fun. I headed out on a commercial fishing boat to SE Alaska to do some commercial fishing. We're gonna be purse-seining (google it to find out more) for salmon. It's summer time, so the weather's usualy not too bad, and we're a bit more inland, so no open ocean storms. I grew up doin this, so nothin new, and who knows, I might make a few bucks and finally be able to afford some toys for my rig. Any how, take care, be safe, put one back for me :beer: , and most of all, have a great summer. There should be no excuses why you guys aren't all out wheelin even if I can't. Peace out.

M.M.

Oh, and one small favor, which I don't think I'll even have to ask, but try to keep the offical whoring thread goin, you post whores.

+1, and I'm out........

Oh, and one small favor, which I don't think I'll even have to ask, but try to keep the offical whoring thread goin, you post whores.

*sigh*

ooook.... if we have to!

Good luck!

I envy you for getting paid to fish...

There's nothing to envy there, other than the pay once MM gets home. It's 18 hour days with nothing but fish. You catch fish, gut fish, eat fish, crap fish, sleep fish ~ then you get up & fish some more. Oh, did I mention fish? :shrug:

I've had several friends over the years that have made the trek, or were Alaskan natives, that earned their livings doing what MM's up to. Some loved it more than life itself, other's it was simply a (quite large) paycheck. :contract:

I take that back ~ being on the ocean is it's own reward... :aok:

I don't know if it's too late and you've alerady left, but I will do it anyway.

So good luck to you, may the sea be calm and fish jumping out of the water into your nets ;-))) And may the Force be with you :P

I used to work for a fishing company, though not in the sea, but in the office ))) But I at least have some understanding of how hard the work is. Good luck to you again!

See ya

WAVEY

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals, just a quick update. Things are going well, and it's shaping up to be a decent season. My skipper's on the crazy side, but good luck finding one who isn't. We pulled into Juneau last night after the opener and am able to get on and say hi. Take care, I'll try to say hi when I can. Gotta run. Oh, and thanks to all for the well wishes.