Manual or Automatic

97SE

Is your Pathy a 5-speed or Automatic?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is your Pathy a 5-speed or Automatic?

• 5-speed
    • Automatic
    • Converted Auto from Manual
    • Converted Manual from Auto
    • Don't Know

Was just curious to see the distribution of automatics vs. manuals on the forum. MODERATOR, this may need to be moved to the general section.

Edited by 97SE

.... how do you not know?

I miss having a manual... my old pick up was a 5psd. I'm glad I have auto for offroad - at least for a beginner like me - much easier!

Our Xterra is manual...

This is my first auto for bush work but the wife has to drive the truck as well and she is not very comfortable with a manual.

But I do really like the All Mode 4wd that only comes with the auto, it works better than I anticipated. Need to be careful not to fry the breaks on the steep hills! (don’t ask how I know :laugh: )

I love my auto, i save the shifting for the trickier car in the family!!!

I saw on an Altima sight that you can bore out some sort of bearing in the tranny to make her shift significantly quicker.

Does anyone else with an auto think they shift very slow (Nissan's in general)?

DC traffic is hardcore.. moving back from school the pathy was loaded to the gills and trying to get down 495 in rush hour not being able to see was interesting with a 5 speed

Whats the 3rd peddle for anyway?? I gave up a stick Yota for an auto Nissan. The stick was just getting too much work in LA traffic.

ITS THE CLUTCH it disengages the transmission from the engine while shifting

Whats the 3rd peddle for anyway??  I gave up a stick Yota for an auto Nissan.  The stick was just getting too much work in LA traffic.

ITS THE CLUTCH it disengages the transmission from the engine while shifting

He has had a stick before... I think, or at least I hope, he was being sarcastic with that question. Hahaha..

I for one have auto.. Makes wheeling much more simple.

Converted Auto to Manual (and vice versa)? Is that a joke or for real?

That part is for real...we converted a 82 Ford truck from 5-sp to auto and my brother is considering an auto-to-manual conversion in his 850R saloon. It can be done but rather costly sometimes. A donor car really helps.

The "Don't Know" part was a joke.

Converted Auto to Manual (and vice versa)?  Is that a joke or for real?

My first car was a 1969 Datsun 510, bought used in 1979 with 50,000 miles on it. It had the BorgWarner automatic label on the back but was a 4 speed. The previous owner had the auto box fail and it was cheaper to put in a used 4 speed than fix/replace the auto. Was not well done as the carb was not changed so it had cold start problems. I fixed that by going to twin SU's from an MG and a manual choke cable (as well as a Datsun rally cam). Gave me another 100,000 miles of happy and fun motoring!