Crunch

k9sar

They wanted to total it once the estimate hit 3600 but I argued the value with them and got them to admit that they use the book value of 5400 (approx) and a 70% threshold to total it. I pointed out that this 70% crap wasn't in my policy and that they just use that to allow for the expected suppliment requested by the body shop since nobody will actually do the work for the appraisal estimate. It's their way of not paing more than they absolutely have to and to not go over the value of the vehicle.

• 1 month later...

well... after about a month of being repaired...

A string of cars at a light. Light turns green. everyone starts to move. Someone decides that they have moved too fast and hits the brake. Person in front of me stops. SMACK. :angry: SAME &^%*@$# PLACE ON MY TRUCK GETS CRUNCHED AGAIN (though not as bad this time)

I'm about ready to just stay off the damn roads.

Is this problem a PA issue? In Ohio we bang together but never because someone is trying to stop. I am not totally sure what that wide pedal on the floor is for myself. The long narrow one I understand. When I want to get out of the truck I just roll slow and jamb it in park. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to hear about the other idiots on teh road causing you trouble.

Person in front of me stops. SMACK

Seems to me like you are running into things a lot... Stop playing with the ebrake and pay attention to whats going on !! :P

That sucks K, but you have to admit that it isn't all someone elses fault. :shrug:

B

Geez, k9!!! Really bad luck. Ever since I got the pathy, I've adapted my driving style to allow PLEEEEENTY of space between me and the car in front of me. So much that people are always cutting and changing lanes into me.

The worse possible thing to do is to rear end someone as its almost always going to be your fault, this is coming from a friend who used to be a lawyer for State farm. Its always easier to get out someones way when you're seeing them in your front windshield as opposed to your rear view mirror. Case and point: A client of his rear ended someone on the freeway when the person in front of them thought they were following way too close so they brake checked the person a couple of times and got rear ended. The guy who initiated all of it by brake checking won the case even though he slammed his brakes intentionally.

They wanted to total it once the estimate hit 3600 but I argued the value with them and got them to admit that they use the book value of 5400 (approx) and a 70% threshold to total it. I pointed out that this 70% crap wasn't in my policy and that they just use that to allow for the expected suppliment requested by the body shop since nobody will actually do the work for the appraisal estimate. It's their way of not paing more than they absolutely have to and to not go over the value of the vehicle.

one way to avoid that is have them appraise it sometime B4 the wreck...cuze sometimes u have a lot better than book value (it was a tip from my insurance co for my truck but still havent gotten around to it in the 5 years i've had her)

The worse possible thing to do is to rear end someone as its almost always going to be your fault, this is coming from a friend who used to be a lawyer for State farm.

yeah iirc in WA State you are automatically at fault if you rear-end another car. Not sure about other states though.