Just got a new battery

Last night, I had to go pick up some under-the-influence friends after a movie. So I go to the Pathy and there is no charge at all. Not even enough to dimly light the dash warning lights. It ran after being jumped off with cables, but even then the battery wouldn't hold a charge. The headlights would dim when the brake lights went on. When I switched on my fogs everything would get dimmer. When I switched on my brights my stereo would cut out. So I wasn't sure if it was the alternator or the battery, so I took it to Pep Boys (I know, I know). But as it turns out, it was a good experience. Turns out my alternator belt was cracked in places and the cheap Napa battery was shot. So a new belt and Red Top Optima and $238.40 later, the Pathy is ready for action.

Just thought I would share!

BTW: I love the Red Top! -bounce-

Mine does too.. And the tensioner is all the way out... I should replace those before my next road trip

• 2 weeks later...

not to be a smartass, but...

- convenience, timing

- and not everyone is a backyard mechanic

???

I only say that, because I know I have paid for jobs I know I can do, simply because I dont have the time, and some jobs are so much easier to have someone else deal with.

Just asking....

Why would you EVER pay someone to replace one belt and a battery? Those things are so simple to do yourself!

Not for a software engineer I work with, it isn't. He's clueless when he looks under the hood of a car. Let him look at hundreds of lines of C++ code, and he'll tell you how it works and what it does in a matter of seconds.

Ever tried writing a computer program in C++? I haven't. I haven't got a clue. One of the guys I work with write his own C++ programs for personal use, while I have to go buy it.

He might ask "Why would you EVER pay someone for software? It's so simple to do yourself!" but he's not that arrogant.

Edited by XPLORx4