• Bridgestone Dueler M/T D673
    • Kumho Venture MT
    • Dunlop Radial Rover R/T
    • Goodyear Wrangler MT/R
    • Dunlop Radial Mud Rover
    • BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM
    • Yokohama Geolandar M/T

Just a little FYI:

A friend had the Dunlops on his Xterra and said they wear fast and unevenly plus are lousy on wet pavement and make a lot of road noise. You might want to go with something else if you are going to be on the road a lot.

It's hard to recommend a tire when you don't give any indication of what your criteria are.

Longevity (treadwear rating)?

Noise?

Highway handling?

Wet performance?

Price?

Tire size?

Where will you be using them, what will you be using them for and how often?

That being said, I chose to put 32x11.50R15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR on my truck. These replaced 32x11.50R15 BFG AT-ko. My truck is not a daily driver, so I'm not too concerned with treadwear. Since my truck has become more of a purpose-built adventure wagon, I also wanted a tire with an impeccable reputation for rock-crawling performance and a durable sidewall. (A rock slashed a sidewall on my BFG AT, which prompted me to get the MTRs.) I don't drive through mud very often. In fact I try to avoid it!

The GY MTR is relatively quiet on the highway (compared to other MT tires), too, so getting to and from the trailhead won't be unbearable.

If I had continued to use my truck as a daily driver, I would have stuck with the BFG ATs.

I just went through the same situation that you're in, and I ended up going with the firestone destination m/t. Performs very well in wet and dry areas, wears well (for an m/t at least), also they're the quietest m/t I've ever heard. Another great thing about this tire is the sidewall lugs. Not many other m/t's have such an aggressive sidewall. The goodyear mt/r is also a great tire. But if you're going to be in mud, look the other direction. It's an absolutely great tire for rock, but will pack up very quickly in mud.

• 4 months later...

Can't make a recommendation until you tell us what you're looking for?

Can we assume by the other tires you've listed that you'll be using your truck pretty much exclusively off road?

If so, see my review on the Cooper SST for a really nice tire at very attractive prices. Like all these others though, they pretty much suck for day to day asphalt use.