97 le junkyard rescue.

vg33deguy

Im making this thread to post as we go through the rebuild of our junkyard rescue. Here are some pics of her now. Hood has been partially sanded, all rear control arms replaced, new rotors, wheel bearings, belts, rack bushings, new battery and cables, new lights throughout all interior led and some exterior. Coming in the next 45 days. New pulleys timing if its needed, new power steering pressure hoses. Shes missing a few pieces inside but its cosmetic so it can wait. The body work we are doing front facia piece, rims from a 2001 xterra pictured and primer for the hood.....possibly a new passenger fender This truck ran from day one and has never failed to fire right up. The longer we have had it the more i dare say ive become a serious pathfinder fan! 369101edb70ea53d976c73cc20847d63.jpg. 14b2ba2cd8f13ada3745e306ad71e046.jpg83f1ef7eb70a39f03ba559f72bf29e39.jpg

No this is the LE 4wd. Saw a few other LE's here in town and they all have that trim. Im very glad we found it. Such a shame to see it just rot. Literally everything down to the heated seats still work's. The interior is rough but i love a good project!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice to see a perfectly running Pathy saved from death!

Aren't those the infinity doors on it with that moulding?

Sent from my Pathfinder

The body cladding on the doors is standard on the 96-98 LE models. QX4 body cladding doesn't have any horizontal strakes in it.

• Like 1

Ok so here is one of the next bigger projects ive ever taken on. I need to have the abs sensor pressed out. To replace the suspension/steering knuckle. We got into an accident that desimated a buick making a dumb move onto a highway. Didnt do much to my pathy but it did bend the knuckle just enough to not be able to do a proper alighnment with the camber bolt on that side im uncomfortable doing the alignment myself so the question what kind of place would maybe machine that sucker out and press a new sensor in so we can put it on and do a propper alignment again? Or is this something i can avoid replacing if i master doing the alignment myself? Not even noticable to the naked eye but these damn laser machines say its bent at 3 shops. Lol.

9d81c217d205de63432e43e4dfbfd98c.jpg

I've managed to salvage a couple of abs sensors at the JY when mine craped out. i just tapped them out with a punch and a hammer. though I was very careful. It took a while but I plugged them in and no more ABS light yelling at me.

Yeah luckily non of that abs light stuff but the one that came in it just wont come out. We tried playing nice in its just stuck. I can get a new one for under 50 no big deal but atleast getting the old one out to tap a new one in is proving to be a bitch!

Odd request, but can I have this when you're done with it??

This is the one we are going to put on. The old one might not be useful. On top of the minor bend the threading for the wheel bearings is shot so you have to beat the bearing cover back on very carefully for the first 1/4 of the threading. Went through that changing the rotors.

Awesome! please keep me updated, this is something i'm considering in the near future! (junkyard rescue)

I will. This has been a pretty smooth rescue for us so far!

This is the one we are going to put on. The old one might not be useful. On top of the minor bend the threading for the wheel bearings is shot so you have to beat the bearing cover back on very carefully for the first 1/4 of the threading. Went through that changing the rotors.

It'd be the old one I'd want then. It won't get installed on a truck, though. I'll shoot you a PM with some details.

• Like 2

Just a few more before pictures. Im not sure how the next month will unfold and what will exactly get done yet so here are some before. The hood is partially sanded. Was flacky before. And yes that intake piece is taped....not me. New ones in the mail. The front end looks like its leaking bad but its extremely minor just a power steeringnhose also getting replaced along with the rotten wire wrap under the hood. New battery and anchor are in the corner and you can see she got picked a bit. Thats why the spare is in the back. Dont have the crank tool.

4f96b2f7fb6e356f269fb7421fea5d2b.jpg

4c2630e0fe53afa12d25e7b3076761f0.jpg

6842be6cbc0ec89ee4f18431f56c7025.jpg

dad25ec6bc55dfae1d1331bd4170113d.jpg

f6e96cf8cab9485299a64a8c00dd493f.jpg

9495258e766fc1604417f43e46d8a148.jpg

6ec0164db8ee88e653e8a711fccb427b.jpg

4f8b439077490525140f3e7a73bdc553.jpg

c91e41516a38241469166d79a2a7fd37.jpg

1ef8f4c4ca1f4f14bab1631ecb6bc3bc.jpg

• Like 1

So has anyone repaired the bose module in the door? I just hooked up a stereo for the first time in here and the front modules both seem to be going out. The sound cuts randomly then goes out after about 20 minutes upfront. Looking online they want a god aweful amount for a used one.

Personally, I've been content with the Bose system, too. If you think it's worth keeping, definitely check out some of the used units online. May even be able to find some other units from the JY...I think units from some non-Pathfinders may be the same.

• Like 1

I know the q4 and altima front doors are the same. I need new speakers their pretty rotted but as bad as they are they sound good. May see what peoples luck has been with the used ones. Found an entire q4 system for 250 without the head unit. Just have to wait checking the salvage yards. Only 3 pathfinders in grand junction and non have the parts i need.

K so im ordering some parts and i thought i had some bearings on watch. Turns out they are the wrong size. I need to find the bearings for my pulleys. The a/c and alt bearings all i can find is pulleys and bearings. Trying to cut cost where i can so im trying to switch em out myself.. Any suggestions for getting the bearings for the r50?

So this was todays projects. Replaced the crappy taped air intake...turned out to be basically taped dryer hose. Then replaced the bumper retainer. The metal needs to be replaced after further inspection but thats only around 85. Im going stock with a guard and skid plate.

c4dc8761186a3cdb6067a98285bd53fc.jpg

b7e59ed9ceb1a30e594172fb249e3cbf.jpg

473b674d70acbdc32d7d0e8333baeb73.jpg

Looking good so far. sub'd

Thanks! Got all that done and today a few codes threw up. Had them before but cleared the p0420 with cataclean... Now its back and the knock sensor p0325. So now that fun begins! Never done them and it looks like someone already replaced the catylitic sensors so i probably have to change the whole thing....