Tire upgrade...

maddmark1981

If you want Steel rims...just go to the scrappers and find some Nissan Xterra Steel rims. All of their 15 inch were 7J which is all you need. Stick to 7 inches...these trucks already don't have a very good turning radius.

Adjust your steering stoppers, I can pull a FULL-U on 15x8's in 2 way street. That's tighter than any car I've driven...

Edited by MY1PATH
  • Like 1

Yes on the steering stoppers. I broke the plastic caps off on mine, screwed them all the way in turned the wheel until the steering gear maxed out and then backed them out until they strike just before the steering gear maxes out. You can back them out a little more than that if you don't wan't shiny rub spots on your frame. (you don't want rub if you live in high salt areas) I keep the rub spot and the contact points of the stoppers greased.

Shi$ the hole diameter is smaller on this rim wtf... How can I enlarge it 1/2"?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Take it to a machine shop and ask them to bore it out to 100mm it will be right up to the edge of the pockets for the lug nuts but all of the load is through the clamping force of the nuts on these trucks so it will be ok. Setup should take 20 min for the first wheel and 5 min per wheel to bore each one after that. (AKA if they charge you more than an hour labor you are being taken...)

What brand/model wheels are those? (are they 15x8?) and would you mind putting them on a bathroom scale before you get tires mounted?

Edited by MY1PATH

Can't tell from here... :shrug:

I talked to a fellah who has a large lathe and he said 4 hours, $40/hr

As a machinist, I wonder what he would be doing those last 2-3 hours. I'd say .5 hours to figure out the first piece mounting, and .25 hours for each rim after that. He totally overestimated the work/time...

A mill with a boring head or rotary table would work also.

B

3eb8a3508b559572734b1f87101bf145.jpg

3806ebb749efdc253f741f8b0d010c83.jpg

Went to CT in Amherst, bought a new rotor and fab myself, a lot of freehand involved

Unfortunately, it looks like it...

(aluminum beavers raped your rims)

B