Shock adjustment

I'm not sure about the years. My 91 had it. You have to buy the special electric shocks that were wired at each corner. Your best bet would probably be to get rancho 9000 9 stage adjustable shocks. They are adjusted on the can of each shock. You can also buy a lot on eBay to adapt the shocks to air and control it inside the cab.

My 1990 had them and were changed for something less expensive, I note that I have only 3 of the 4 plugs still attached to the truck. I have the SE with a lot of options installed and its an early ( May / 1990) SE...

My 94 SE has them...I believe there is an orifice that expands/contracts to control the fluid flow rate. If you really want to install it on your truck, you'll be paying about 120 each from nissan.

• 2 weeks later...

The shocks, unlike normal ones, have an electrical connection. That may be a dead giveaway. If you look in the cabin by the handbrake, there would also be a comfort/sport switch. My 95SE has/had the setup and I was so impressed by it that, when my shocks needed to be replaced, I threw away the 'adjustable' ones and put a set of Monroe's in.

The shocks are really the only bit of the system you can't easily replace, and seeing as how the newest WD21s in this country are turning 20 this year, they're probably not worth pulling.

My '95 and '93 both have these. If I bounce the truck, put it in sport mode, and bounce it again, I can see a little difference in how the suspension reacts. I can't say I've ever noticed a difference while driving. When I part out the '95 (or swap out the shocks in the '93) I'm tempted to tear one apart and see what all is in there.

That sounds good. Im just asking cuz I was looking at the rancho shocks and it was saying something about there being a incabin setting changer thay could be adapted so I figured I could use the stock one that some pathfinders came with

The shocks and the control switch should still be available from Nissan. Just need to run wires and 12v power source.
There is a full diagram in the 1994 FSM... http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/

That sounds good. Im just asking cuz I was looking at the rancho shocks and it was saying something about there being a incabin setting changer thay could be adapted so I figured I could use the stock one that some pathfinders came with

Nope. The Rancho system uses compressed air. The pathfinder uses a 12v valving adjustment inside the shock.

Edited by MY1PATH