New Girl!

Hello everyone!

I'm Brianna. I am joining from Phoenix, Arizona and I just joined the forum today. I have been posting over at nicoclub.com the last month or so and have found that forum is pretty much completely dead. I'm a car girl needless to say. Owned a crap ton of vehicles and proudly done all my work myself.

I currently have a 99' QX4 it is my daily driver and Arizona trail driving machine. Purchased it less than 3 months ago from the original owner. Since purchasing it. I have installed a 2" spacer lift, tinted the windows 5%, added a roof basket, replaced the radiator and replaced the fan clutch because she was overheating at stop lights.

I absolutely love the vehicle and plan to keep her for years to come. Next on my bucket list for her will be adding a new wheel and tire package. I would like 31's I've decided mounted on aftermarket 16" rims.

Here is a pic from the first day I took her home.

IMG_0629_zps7tfgaajm.jpg

and here is a current picture from a couple days ago (7/13/2015)

IMG_2643_zps2fq7dnj6.jpg

and here is my other baby that she shares space with in my driveway...

2014 Lexus IS350 F sport :wub:

IMG_5676_zpsgz5tjf7x.jpg

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Like 1

Welcome to NPORA. Nico has good info but not a lot of new posts.

Your XQ looks real nice. Having wider offset rims and bigger tires will make this a whole new vehicle and you will love it a whole lot more.

Great people on here, lots of helpful and knowledgable members.

• Like 2

Welcome to NPORA Brianna!

Congrats on your new-to-you 4x4, and I have to ask, what is the mileage? Reason being, the VG33 motor has a recommended 105k mile timing belt replacement interval, and is an interference type motor; not something to be ignored!

The tip of the day is to replace the front drive flanges with manually selectable hubs. When disengaged, the front CV's won't turn, making them last longer and giving you a little more pep and fuel efficiency. With our 1999.0 Pathfinder there wasn't much change around town, but a gain of 2mpg on the highway. :aok:

B

Thank you for the welcomes! :)

Precise I have roughly 173k on her. The timing belt looks to have been changed right at 150k from the looks of the sharpie markings on the core support of the truck. lol..

XxLoudogXx my F sport is my pride and joy. I joke with my daughter that she is actually her sister. lmfao! hahahahahaha! That's how much I baby it.

Thank you for the welcomes! :)

Precise I have roughly 173k on her. The timing belt looks to have been changed right at 150k from the looks of the sharpie markings on the core support of the truck. lol..

XxLoudogXx my F sport is my pride and joy. I joke with my daughter that she is actually her sister. lmfao! hahahahahaha! That's how much I baby it.

Ok, better late than never, and at least they wrote it down... ;)

Just so you didn't one day wonder why it died suddenly when you were driving. One of the top 5 pathfinder deaths (VG30 and VG33) that I have heard of is a broken timing belt, so I like to warn the Noobs...

Carry on! :D

B

• Like 1

Pretty car. 2wd or AWD?

The QX is a 4WD :)

^^^ this is the man for the stickers.

Also good call on removing the side steps.

Have you picked rims yet?

Thank you! It needed a tougher off-road appearance and taking them off gave me that look I thought. Would be nice to find a nice set of rock sliders for it now. As far as wheels I am currently torn between these two sets.

b1618629c570732c6129b61e1cee1d6d.jpg

levst6.bkmtxx.ang.jpg

:welcome: ~ Welcome to NPORA, Brianna! ~ :welcome:

GREAT first post!! I admire your ability to work on your own vehicle!! (& you're beautiful, too!!)

ROCK ON!! :)

Thanks doll! :)

Edited by HarleyQuinn

:aok:

Ok, I know it isn't the same model, but the paint is close so this is what the black rims can look like:

016.jpg

B

Nice find! yeah the black looks way better!

Welcome to NPORA WAVEY

And although it may be a bit late, I agree with the others on the wheels :beer:

Thank you! :)

Hello neighbor! Well, sort of...just moved out of Phoenix city limits a few months ago. Welcome to NPORA! You'll enjoy this forum far more than the NICO one...which is seemingly full of people who've never once opened their owners manual or the slew of FSMs that are hosted there when they have a problem. If I read another post about someone who can't shift into or out of 4wd there...

Once I get some of my projects wrapped up, I'd like to round up other locals and hit some trails.

• Like 1