My new 2001 LE 4x4

Well it was nice while it lasted. After Tuesday I'll finally be moving up to WA so this awesome shop space will be a thing of the past. Got as much done as I could but still have plenty left to install and fab. Rear locker, bumper, air compressor, sliders, rear tire carrier, underbody armor and so on.

Made the most of my last time in the shop with the truck and did fluids in preparation of the long haul up. Engine oil, tranny oil/strainer and rear diff oil.

Its been fun California....so long.

Hello PNW

20161120_081033_zpsvhevkdu9.jpg

20161120_085130_zpsoowyyqnp.jpg

Original strainer?

20161120_085915_zpsxa8gspua.jpg

Sizing up the strainer o-ring so I can snag one from the shop.

20161120_090247_zpsae8qgysn.jpg

Old LSD oil

20161120_110513_zpsl9fhkcoc.jpg

I just installed my "Jacobs Link" with skid plate mounts.

Right on, why did I not do that the day I got my R50. Literally took me 5 minutes to measure and 5 minutes to make.... granted i used a torch.

• Like 4

So I made it up to WA without too much trouble. Ran the KM2's anticipating snow at the Siskiyou pass but it was just rain and fog thankfully, despite temps in the low 30's. Horrible gas mileage was the result. But peace of mind and not having to jump out and throw chains on my towing tires was priceless.

Overall it was about 18hrs of driving with TONS of rain and traffic on thanksgiving day. The standing water on the freeway in Portland was insane. Was hit with tidal waves coming from the traffic going the other direction and had to drive blind for a moment while the wipers ran at max trying to evacuate the water....scary stuff. Was able to load just about everything in my uhual and keep a space for a foam pad to sleep very comfortably Wednesday night in the back of the truck.

20161123_151513_zpsd3j05jlm.jpg

20161123_162419_zpswuznd3ub.jpg

Fueling up just before the Siskiyou pass in 33 'F weather with high winds

20161123_180510_zpsivypgcbe.jpg

Resting place for the night

20161124_012156_zpsgochvtp2.jpg

20161124_013530_zpsi6pa1obu.jpg

20161124_013542_zpsenu7hvar.jpg

20161124_114503_zpsjt0h7j27.jpg

Made it

20161124_145645_zps2zjl8sxe.jpg

The truck fits in the garage!!! (just barely)

20161127_230444_zpsjzk5a4tf.jpg

• Like 5

Got my registration and plates taken care of. Emissions test here was faster than a coffee house drive-thru window. And cheap as hell. 2 minutes and 15 bucks later and I had the paper I needed to get tabs and plates. Which immediately made me think of all the goodies I can get now that are illegal in CA...headers, test pipes etc.

They didnt even do a visual or lamp and brake inspection or any kind of vehicle verification at all. It was all paper based. Im so used to the CA way of vehicle ownership this all seems so easy and quick. The emissions test was just an OBD2 scan to verify I had no active CEL.

Mind=blown

The DMV was almost as quick and easy. No wait, no fuss and best of all, NICE PEOPLE. Why are all CA DMV clerks idiots w a massive chip on their shoulder? Oh well, doesnt matter anymore.

HELLLOOO PNW!!

• Like 2

That's why CA sets the (sub)standard.

AZ is basically paperless, and it's awesome. Emissions process is super simple, good for 2 years on some vehicles, and is only required for Phoenix and Tucson area residents. You can even view real-time station wait-times online. Almost everything MVD-related (yeah, not "DMV" here) can be done online: vehicle registrations/renewals, DL updates/replacements, temp plates, sold notices, etc. Hell, just earlier in the year I needed them to overnight me a replacement driver's license...and they delivered it, on-time. They've come a long way since telling me my CA birth certificate was invalid when I first moved here in 1996... When I returned in 2010, they asked me if I wanted the same license picture I took in 1998 (when I was 18). Tempting, but no thanks.

Glad you made it up there ok. Your posse, however, seems a little less enthusiastic.

Haha, nice.

Yea, its a whole new approach to vehicle ownership for me. The "DMV" here is strange for sure. There are 2 departments- Licensing and vessel registration. I got my WA license from the licensing group which is state run and the registration portion is through a 3rd party, at different locations, which takes care of plates and the likes. Both were unbelievably fast. I had to go to the main building in downtown Seattle for my plates because they were personalized and anticipated CA style long waits and grumpy service. When I got there of course there was no parking except for public pay garages so I coughed up 12 bucks for 2 hours expecting long lines and run arounds. Got into the office and saw a huge line out the door but as I walked closer learned it was for taxis and uber folk and the vessel reg line was empty. In and out. Unreal. 12 bucks down the drain. Lol. To top it off you can get all your outdoor passes needed, which kinda sucks because WA makes you get passes or permits for any outdoor parking. And there are like 4 or 5. Discover pass, wilderness pass, Mt rainier pass etc....Its kinda weak but I picked up the discover pass which covers most of the wilderness areas around me ( I hope)

Edited by TowndawgR50

Just come to Kentucky. The only inspection is a VIN match check, and that's only if you bought it out of state. Otherwise you walk in with ins card, the title and the old license plate. However if it hasn't been plated lately then no plate required. Similar process to get a a rebuilt title.

No smog no brakes nothing... You can actually trailer it to courthouse if you bought it out of state with or without an engine.

Christmas tree prospecting in the Mt Baker Snoqualmie national forest with a local Suzuki club. The truck did really really well on the KO2's. Good times.

20161203_110253_zpsqo1xhsix.jpg

20161203_113803_zpspzpi2v3a.jpg

20161203_122424_zpst7wzhp7z.jpg

Edited by TowndawgR50
  • Like 6

where did all of y'all get your SFD kit from and if its custom is there any way someone could build one for me and I will pay how ever much because KRfabs checkout wont let me order one because of there website but not really sure but if someone can please let me know. if so please email me. My email is Hayden.middleton@ymail.com

where did all of y'all get your SFD kit from and if its custom is there any way someone could build one for me and I will pay how ever much because KRfabs checkout wont let me order one because of there website but not really sure but if someone can please let me know. if so please email me. My email is Hayden.middleton@ymail.com

He stopped making sfd's, as i know me and another memeber are the last people to order krfabs only kits he had left. He told me when i bought it hebwas stopping production.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I know there is somebody making them, and it really bothers me that I can't find their website...hopefully somebody else knows what it is. But yes, somebody makes one and if I remember right they charge $425USD.

If you have some time and space,a welder, drill, protractor and a saw capable of cutting metal you can make the kit yourslef.

you'll need to make:

4 blocks to space the subframe

2 engine blocks

2 strut spacers

1 Panhard drop bracket

you'll need to buy:

steering link extension

extended brake lines

various hardware

i think thats everything..

the subframe spacers are super easy to make, cut the box tube to length and drill holes spaced accordingly. the strut spacers need 8 degrees of angle with identical bolt patterns on the moubting plates that mimic the strut mounting plate design. You buy the steering extension from a US based company whos name I forget right now. the brake lines can be had from a local autozone or O'Reilly and are listed as stock lines for different nissan vehicles, frontier rear lines and Rouge front lines.

This is if u want to build it yourself and save money. I completely understand the desire or need to just pay for a complete product sometimes.

Edited by TowndawgR50
  • Like 1

Woodward steering, Part numbers- UA201113, UA201108, and you'll need a UAD lenght of 5 3/4 for a 4" sfd

You have to call them. Tell the woman who takes your order it's for a Nissan Pathfinder lift kit. I spoke with her last month and she should remember the conversation and know what you'll need.

You have to call them. Tell the woman who takes your order it's for a Nissan Pathfinder lift kit. I spoke with her last month and she should remember the conversation and know what you'll need.

so call up there to order the lift or the steering linkage