95 pathdinder won't start

sailor36x20

Is it trying to hit at all? Make sure your wire from the coil to the center of the cap has a good connection. I'm not sure, but could it be related to the relay? I've also seen on other vehicles a faulty ignition switch crank the starter, but not keep it in the "on" position. Not to sound like a jackass, but are you sure the distributor cap/button is installed correctly & plug wires are where they need to be on the cap?

Installed new cap and rotor. Have fuel pressure at fuel filter have spark at center post of cap. Someone suggested fuselink to injectors. Where is that located?

EDIT: Merged from a second similar thread started by the original poster. It is best to keep everything in one thread so that people trying to help can see the entire conversation and what has been mentioned and/or tried already. :aok:

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Threads

It sounds like it wants to start occasionally but mostly turns over.

Hearing fuel pump come on fuel flow good out of fuel filter.

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Posts

My next move would be to pull the #1 plug, slip a long screwdriver in the hole and carefully turn the engine by hand until you are at TDC, then look to make sure the rotor is at/near plugwire 1 and not 180 off. Usually not an issue unless you removed the distributer or suspect a belt slip but it's a fairly easy test and the problem sure sounds like timing/firing sequence to me. Also, you can check to see if you are getting spark at the plug itself (yea, I know... new wires) by holding it against the block while someone cranks it (without the screwdriver in it)

Fixed it. New fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel filter, distributer cap and rotor. Something fixed it. Net is to tackle water pump and timing chain... Thanks for all the help... Pathfinders rule!

I decided to change it all because I'm getting ready to drive cross country with a 12 ft. antique camper. I like this vehicle and think at 225,000 miles it's not a bad investment. Paid $500 for it 3 years ago. Body in nice shape, No major issues til this. Can' t complain.