Front Skid Plate Part Number?

kattwrad

I've got a request for a front skid plate in to partrequest.com, and they want a VIN or part number. I am not seeing any mention of the front skid plate in my parts or repair manuals. Does anyone know where else I could look for this information?

BTW, I'd like to verify that what partrequest.com is calling a "Skid Plate - Suspension" is what everyone else calls a "Front Skid Plate".

Thanks,

Kathy

Don't know the number and although people like to call it such, it's not really a skid plate since it cannot support the weight of the vehicle.

You might PM or post in Alkorahil's (our resident Nissan Parts Guy) thread and see if he can look it up. If it's still available he may even be able to get you one. GENUINE NISSAN PARTS

Don't know the number and although people like to call it such, it's not really a skid plate since it cannot support the weight of the vehicle.

You might PM or post in Alkorahil's (our resident Nissan Parts Guy) thread and see if he can look it up. If it's still available he may even be able to get you one. GENUINE NISSAN PARTS

PART NUMBER: 50810-41G00

DESCRIPTION: COVER, ENGINE, FRONT, LOWER

$112.40

There are also two rubber splash guards that attach to the left and right side of the lower cover:

50816-31G00

SPLASH, RH

50817-31G00

SPLASH, LH

they are $18.65 EACH

All show still available from Nissan.

They are plentiful in the junk yards as far as i have seen. Might try looking there for the front lower cover and then order the rubber ends from alkorahil and slap a can of spray paint on the cover. Would be just like new and cost a lot less I would think

• Like 1

They are plentiful in the junk yards as far as i have seen. Might try looking there for the front lower cover and then order the rubber ends from alkorahil and slap a can of spray paint on the cover. Would be just like new and cost a lot less I would think

I like to sell parts, but I cant argue with Nefarious on this.

IIRC the early Xterra 4WD lower cover will work as well.

• Like 1

An honest man!

Definitely pick up the rubber ends from alkorahil though, that is a great price and those things are always trashed after 20 years.

Some parts just don't really go bad, the metal front cover is one of em so it's generally more of a junk yard thing.

I agree with the junkyard trip. :)

For what its worth, the factory "cover" does not really cover a whole lot.

When I was running one, I ended up removing my factory one and replacing it with a modified 90's model Tacoma skid plate that I got from...a junk yard...

It was not a legit "skid plate" again, as already posted it would not hold the weight of our (over weighted and underpowered) trucks...

It was however thick aluminum, and covered more than the factory plate did.

Helped keep sticks and other unwanted stuff out of my engine bay.

In years past I have made my own protective plates using diamond plate steel, aluminum plate, and even 1/4 plate steel on one of my GM trucks.

If your handy with asic tools you can fab up something pretty wicked...

But I have to agree, get the side rubbers from Rob, that is if you decide to keep the original style plate...

Well, I'll keep looking in the junk yards. In Portland, I have had exactly zero luck in finding one at a Pick-N-Pull or a Craigslist part-out.

I realize that the stock skid plates are not true skid plates, but I want the protection from sticks and any high rocks that I might mis-negotiate. I can't afford to get stuck with a broken suspension or a hole punched in something when I'm out in the boonies.

I was very interested to hear that the older Xterra covers will fit. I do not have the tools to fabricate my own, but I can modify by drilling holes. Can someone please tell me the years to look for?

4x4parts.com has a 3/16 inch steel skid plate for $105.00 plus shipping. Kinda steep for me at this time, so I'll keep my eyes open for a junker that has one.

Thanks for all your input!

2000-2004 Xterra. You don't even really need to have the rad drain hose hole. All the other bolt holes line up, at least they should if nothing is bent.

I had an Xterra plate on my 95. I can testify that it fits and the holes line up perfectly.

• Like 1

I actually took 2 of those skid plates and welded them together. They will support the vehicle now.. LOL

I actually drilled holes every 2 sq inches and plug welded the holes. This thing is solid. I posted up here a couple of years ago.

The thing weighs about 50 lbs