CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

Fluerys write ups are excellent, it was so easy to figure out when I did my Rockford CV boots.

And CDN_S4 I found the thread I was talking about with the schematics of some killer bumpers.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17694-new-rear-bumper-with-swing-out-tire-carrier/

-Kyle

Yes the spacers are a true 2" as each spacer is 1" and I have 2 of them. Fleury says though that the front only lifts 1.75 from it I believe. My front is really sagged which is why I just ordered the OME springs for the front too. They aren't in yet, just to be clear. Hence the rake. My rear as a true 2" spacer lift PLUS 1.75 lift from the OME coils.

It's possible that the perches are designed slightly different. Not sure. But yours looks pretty level to me. I prefer a bit of take under no load as it will even out when fully loaded or towing. I just hope that with the HD front springs I won't get the opposite effect. Might have to take out one of the two spacers up front.

Thanks for clarifying. And yes, because of the triangulation, 2" of strut spacers would be a little less than 2".

I'm actually sitting with a very smaller rake, by design, for the reason you mentioned...sitting level when loaded. The rear would have to compress about 1.5" to sit level, and that's about 500lbs effective-weight over the axle. I made a few trips loaded and with trailer while moving the other week, and it worked out perfect. Didn't sag, didn't jounce.

Talking of which, what is there in terms of travel limiters to prevent CV joints from locking?

Locking = binding? If so, yep: SFD. :D

Fleury's did it all here.

http://www.nissanpat...50/?hl=limiting

this is what I'm planning on doing sometime this summer if I don't end up with a small SFD from hawairish.

I might have a gently used 2.5" SFD available soon...

Some pics from today's trail run. Pathy held up great with all the jeeps. Only one struggling was a stock JK. Until the end where everyone needed to winch through the water hole.

ac45529258dc46e523bdd26ba9249828.jpg

17b9ea03d996660571401f97d8a4c9f7.jpg

516414c91bb4aaa40504a35cf3ac78f2.jpg

3c622c1620eec8e292d10acac597bda4.jpg

ca097e1bc2e4ad03f5a73f6438212790.jpg

4541c76be2b15dbfae6f2a78dd2b3aaf.jpg

• Like 4

Lol. There were 7, but in the end 3 of us split a bit early. My Nav was getting a bit stir crazy after 6 hours.

8d2f8529673bab698a2eeef5f0bbc1d0.jpg

9d926e8f3884f4aba329c555df0a3eda.jpg

Didnt get a good group shot. But there was only one other none Jeep in the group.

• Like 1

Until the end where everyone needed to winch through the water hole.

If I was the wincher, I'd have charged $10 per pull!

And wow, your drivers front tire looks like it should've broken a bead. IIRC, you did custom beadlocks?

All SFD'd will require a steering shaft extension.

True dis.

Looks like a blast! Think it's awesome taking the little one out there with you, my 2yo daughter loves going anywhere and everywhere with me, driving her powerwheels jeep (never made a Pathfinder, booooo), always asks me to go on "bouncy roads" (her way of saying she wants to go on a trail ride). Teach em young, these experiences will last a lifetime for both of you.

If I was the wincher, I'd have charged $10 per pull!

And wow, your drivers front tire looks like it should've broken a bead. IIRC, you did custom beadlocks?

No those bead locks are just for looks. They are part of the rim. My tires were aired down quite a bit. Was great for traction but at this stage it started to get sketchy.

Charging for winching? No way, these are all club members, not strangers. It was just 2 rigs. The other group all had winches themselves. A couple of the Jeeps actually made it through. One of them has 40" super swampers, lockers front and back and a V8 swap lol.

• Like 2

Charging for winching? No way, these are all club members, not strangers. It was just 2 rigs. The other group all had winches themselves. A couple of the Jeeps actually made it through. One of them has 40" super swampers, lockers front and back and a V8 swap lol.

Ha, was joking. Sounds like a pretty cool pack to roll with.

So about that slightly used SFD...what are you thinking for price? Do you have pics of it installed?

Not sure yet. Depends on what I re-use...and a slight chance I roll with it longer instead. duke90 is going to be my guinea pig for a 3" SFD, but I might not remove it if test fit it on my truck first. :D

It's installed (the 2.5", that is) in the pic I posted. The 2.5" is comprised of OME springs and 2" spacers, so basically where you'll be at once your front OMEs are on, I imagine.

You might be better off waiting to see how the 3" subframe spacers turn out anyway. We're gearing the spacer levels specifically to clear 33's on his. This will probably be with 2.5"-3" of strut spacers and 2.5" of rear spacers to get the stance he's looking for.

3" SFD would be great!

While I'm multiple projects deep on all 3 of my vehicles, plus my trailer restore, my ADD is in high gear and now I want to retrofit an overhead console to read out the exterior temp.

My question is this:

Since I have a temp sensor in front of the radiator, wired for for lights and heated seats, yet have none of those options. Am I right to assume that I will have the wires behind my non read out console just waiting to be paired up a read out? Could this really be such a simple plus and play?

Somehow I'm afraid the answer will be No... But please say yes! Lol

I imagine the easiest way to find out is to pull your overhead console down, see what harness is there, compare it to the electrical sections of the FSM, and check for signal. But, I'm sure someone else has done this before, right?

In other news, I ordered an XJ bumper, I believe it is the same as theexbrit has on his. I have a smittybilt air compressor on the way. Haven't decided yet whether I will build it in or just have stored in the car. Now I'm looking for a decent winch to complete the front end.

Ooooooo. Do tell. Which did you go with, and does this mean the unibody width for bumper mounts on face lifted R50s is the same? I saw theexbrit's write-up but wasn't sure if the widths are the same. I would think so.

I went with this Rugged Ridge bumper.

485d8a0d2e0cc0dfaea0626950b1cc70.jpg

Not sure about the width and fit. I know it will require fabbing to make it fit. At least from the brackets. Time will tell.

Got the air compressor. Pretty impressed with it. Inflates 31's super quick. This model was designed to fill up to 35's.

0f6f051f64f23a3dd26f495cde3e1713.jpg

116328fbbecbde9cf9b55e4ff73db9bd.jpg

Cool mods as usual! Please take lots of pics on the bumper, I'm really interested, as I haven't seen the XJ bumper on a facelift model yet. In my area, there's always a lot of XJ bumpers on Craigslist.