CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

Couldn't resist...

l12040Ni10-F.jpg

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Nissan_Antenna_Adapter_Diversity_antenna_to_Motoro_p/12040ni10.htm

Antenna adapter. They have other flavors; this one has an extra female socket (the smaller one) in case you wanted to chain another FM device, like Satellite radio module or FM-tuner. Others are 1:1. Some kits come with both the aftermarket-to-OE connections (shown) and the OE-to-aftermarket (for putting your stock radio in another vehicle, for whatever reason) for about the same price.

l120707550-f.jpeg

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Metra_70_7550_Wire_Harness_for_Nissan_Infi_94_up_p/120707550.htm

Metra's are of good quality, but they're really all the same, and they fit a ton of other Nissans.

995.11118.300x200.OEA4_2.jpg

http://www.scosche.com/oem-amp-interface-80wx4

This is used for wiring up the Bose amp, if you have it and plan to use it. Crutchfield sells one that already has the above wiring harness connected. But since all the wires are color coded, and all they do is butt-crimp them...it's a bit pricey for what you get. This does not need any power source. Unless you think you'll need to constantly tune your speaker outputs, you can just tune it once and tuck the module under the radio.

For guys switching to a single-DIN unit, you can find pockets or delete panels for other Nissans for cheap. I'd avoid some of the generic pockets.

All are easy finds on eBay and Amazon.

This has all been amazing and bang on info that in retrospect I wish I had taken to heart and just did it myself. After watching the installer do it today I realized this was much easier than I had imagined. Hawairish, you are the man!

Anybody have any experience with the ECU upgrades / reprogramming of 4x4 parts?

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18915719-computer-upgrade.html

I'm not looking for speed or anything, just like to bring out any hidden power. Intake and exhaust work would follow. It would be nice to see some actual numbers from them.

Looks like one of those "best guess" reprograming services. Will probably do the basic "chip" stuff like raise the rev limiter, make the throttle more touch(if drive by wire), and possibly toggle with the shift points if it is an automatic.

The general consensus that i've come to after researching these is while they are better than nothing if you have intake/exhaust etc, they are far from a proper tune(I.E. custom dyno tune).

Those things being said, I have done absolutely 0 research on that particular one other than clicking the link just now.

That's what I was thinking too. Ultimately the only real upgrades are intake and exhaust, cam shafts and headers if the budget allows. I guess I will see how the 33's will actually feel once I have them to see if I need to go this route. On my list of priorities I have a custom front bumper, rebuilding the rear carrier into a rear bumper, front springs, and then power adders...

So I discovered that the lower part of my air intake box, the one right behind the wheel well liner is destroyed. There is a secondary plastic tube that seems to run from that lower air box to the inside of the fender?! It has a plug, I imagine a sensor of sorts going into it. However I can't imagine it reading anything useful in my case as that pipe is basically just hanging there with nothing really on either end. I was thinking of removing that entire lower half of the air box if that's even possible?!

I'll also have to focus on building my own intake now. I know people on here have done it. Was just wondering if I basically just need a cone filter and get creative with the original intake? Anyways, I'll be doing some more research on this. But that has now been bumped up the top of my priorities list.

Like outside air temp?

I also found the wires for the fog lights. Looks like all I need is to get some lights. I have the fuse and the wires in place. Just how exactly would they turn on? I mean since my car isn't equipped with them, I don't actually have a switch for them.... Or do I and I just don't know it?!

Factory wiring for fog lights is there whether you got that option or not, I'm not sure if you got it on the stalk but I'd doubt it. You should (in theory) be able to buy the indicator stalk that had the fog light switch and the wiring should be there, I can't confirm that side, but shouldn't be hard to find it though to confirm that fog light wiring is in fact present under the dash.

And i think that sensor is inlet temp, because the ambient air sensor is mounted right up front on that little cross bracket thingy in front of the AC Condenser.

-Kyle

Update:

Prepped in anticipation of my 33's. Trimmed fenders by cutting out some rotted rust spots. Applied bedliner all around fenders and rockers to protect against further rust. At least to slow it right down.

5cc52de519d1075579d0a4556dfe370f.jpg

61a54cc07291821083761acac5f05159.jpg

083dd6cfb1e397a1dc5822ebd75ca55a.jpg

2b2dc444f841425221cd2763e44f0a00.jpg

AWESOME! Just have to say as a first time Pathfinder owner this thread has been a n inspiration for me as far as making mine more functional as well as capable. Love how this thing has came together. gets better every time i see it. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!! :) glad you like it. I took the wife and daughter for a long distance trip for the first time yesterday in it to identify any "issues" and get to know its gas mileage etc better. Because I had actually never really taken it all that far before. I'm

Going on a 3 day trip in Maine with a group from Expo in May so I wanted to test it. My findings were the following:

The wind was blowing really strong from the side today and that made my roof rack whistle. Thought it was my light bar, so I pulled over and took it down. But it wasn't. Turns out it was the rack itself. So upon my return I wound a string around the round bars of the basket and wrapped tape around, much like you would find on car antennas. Seems to work for those so I have that a try. Haven't tested it yet though as I just got back from NS not long ago. In total did close to 800km in 24 hours. 5 hours each way. Took the scenic route.

Finding number 2, the arm rests on the door and the centre console are very hard. Solution, I will stick foam pads on there. Might not be pretty, but my boney elbows will have a soft place to rest on long drives.

Should have taken pictures along the way, but this is the only one I took.

e5fba5e3258c75036932caeb72b2be3e.jpg

Here's how my foam padding turned out lol. Might not be pretty, but it sure feels comfy! And one for the summer too when the arm goes out the window. Cuz remember boys, it's not about the car you drive, but about the size of the arm hanging out the window. ;)

648d8343f77fc25b6b222098814cb530.jpg

What I did was go to a discount store. Like biglots or dollar store. By a smaller size tablet cover that is neoprene. Dbl side tape it in spot. Works perfect.

Sent from my Moto X

I used window/door foam insulation strips. Already come with double sided tape. I think that roll cost about $6. Did the door and centre console.

• Like 1

Not about my build, but I just had a long ass day at work today. Went from 4 tanks down to 1 in just 3 hours lol. The snow this year is INSANE. Never saw tanks struggle that much in snow. Looked like floating turrets lol.

ab3a396fcddf7dd06bb831e8215e6f20.jpg

11b8440184f6c306ac54f2b6b778c6cf.jpg

These (Leopard 2's) are V12 twin turbo diesel, 1500 Hp. None of the above actually. Some got stuck in just too deep of snow for the tracks to have anything to grab as the belly sits on compacted snow. Especially with about 2 meters of deep powder. Don't get me wrong, it's incredible what they get through. But sometimes it's just too much. The one in the picture actually had no snow issues. It's engine just caught on fire and it's fire suppression system went off so it had to be towed back for invest. It probably could have kept driving, but such are the SOPs.