What kinda mileage do you get?

Manik

Just curious on mileage had by some of the folks here. I just got my beast back on the road after sitting in the garage for six years, $650 for a junkyard engine, $200 for a set of pacesetter header and a whole lot of love, hate and busted knuckles later she's on the road and I'm averaging 18 mpg.

Guess I'll have to note that the engine I installed had been rebuilt sometime shortly before the donor pathys demise from a front end collision, so, I got very lucky. Oh yea, this is engine #3.

Not a pathy as it forgot the W, my D21 has been getting good MPGs lately. 1986.5 SE-V6 (VG30i) 4x4 D21 single cab short box with HG41 gears. I got 24.5MPG the last couple highway only trips and 21.3 the last combined with some heavy throttle use.

Manik, how do you like your Pacesetters? Are they on a V6? Big difference? Your MPGs go up? Where did you find them for only $200?

Are you asking about pushing it, downhill or reality?

15/20 for the 1999.0 R50 with manual hubs (no AC), not enough info for the modified WD21 yet, but expected to be close to the same.

1986.5 SE-V6 (VG30i) 4x4 D21 single cab short box with HG41 gears. I got 24.5MPG the last couple highway only trips and 21.3 the last combined with some heavy throttle use.

I know it is lighter, but you have shorter gears and still get better than 20mpg? Something doesn't add up... taller gears, so that makes sense. Sorry for the brain fart...

Tire size? Mods? Snake oil?

B

Are you asking about pushing it, downhill or reality?

15/20 for the 1999.0 R50 with manual hubs (no AC), not enough info for the modified WD21 yet, but expected to be close to the same.

I know it is lighter, but you have shorter gears and still get better than 20mpg? Something doesn't add up... taller gears, so that makes sense. Sorry for the brain fart...

Tire size? Mods? Snake oil?

B

haha! Yes! Lots of snake oil! :aok:

It still comes in at roughly 4000 pounds on a semi weigh station scale, but yes, less roof and no back seats. Tires are 235/75/15 on stock SE steel wheels. Might be able to break 25MPG when I put on headers and delete the emissions junk. Eventually want to get some aluminum wheels and maybe 31s.

Not a pathy as it forgot the W, my D21 has been getting good MPGs lately. 1986.5 SE-V6 (VG30i) 4x4 D21 single cab short box with HG41 gears. I got 24.5MPG the last couple highway only trips and 21.3 the last combined with some heavy throttle use.

Manik, how do you like your Pacesetters? Are they on a V6? Big difference? Your MPGs go up? Where did you find them for only $200?

Yup, the pacesetters are on the V6. They a actually helped it breath much better, throttle response now is excellent. I can bark the big 31x10.50x15's in second gear also seems to have more power than the 2001 Toyota 4Runner that was my daily driver prior to getting my pathy back on the road. The toyota has a 3.4L V6 in it. Could be that my pathy has a 5 speed and the toy is an auto. The mileage before was 15/16 mpg, as I recall. As for where I purchased them for $200, honestly I do not recall, the was 2+ years ago. I seem to remember doing an internet search and the price ranged from just over $200 to $350, depending on options ( ceramic coatings and whatnot). I will say I do not care for the way that the connector pipe connects them together, there not flanges, their slip fit and they send crappy u-bolts with them. I am going to eventually modify them with 3-bolt flanges and finish out the rest of the exhaust system with 2.5" tubing and ditch the pre-cats.

I have a gas chugging monster, 12-15 around town nursing it, forget double digits if I'm hammering. Did get about 17 mpg the last trip down the highway though.

Since the DT headers and exhaust Ibam averaging a bit more than 17 around town. I took a short trip on the freeway and was getting much better than that but not far enough to refill and calculate. That is on 33s

Just got back from a road trip, and was getting 20.75 MPG on the Interstate.

Around town, it's 15.5 to 16 MPG, depending on how aggressively I'm dodging idiots who can't go the speed limit driving. B)

That's with stock manifolds and exhaust.