What Does This Button Do?

mikestewart395

Says the guy who doesn't wheel his truck.

What's the reason for the switch then? Why would Nissan include something to bypass an obvious safety feature? So that curious blokes would use it and take themselves out via natural selection?

Who says he isn't still sheiting his pants?

Edited by adamzan

Those systems are wired to bypass a starter safety if equipped, which is why it's imperative if you have one, you leave it out of gear when you plan to use it.

Any good system should have a whole shutdown/vehicle exit procedure that must be followed with a manual trans vehicle before the remote start option will operate.

My alarm has the option although I have never installed the relay to allow it to bypass the interlock switch. But I have tested it from within the Pathy (to operate the switch manually) and by reaching through the window to depress it. You have to activate the shutdown, then follow the procedure to a tee. It includes iirc, two pulls of the parking brake, shutting the truck off (system keeps the engine running) exiting and locking the truck. After the it's locked and the alarm is activate, the remote start system turns it off/kills the engine and the remote start fuction is availible. If the alarm is tripped, disarmed or in anyway disrupted, remote start status is cancelled and you would then have to go through the shutdown procedure again.

Any good system should have a whole shutdown/vehicle exit procedure that must be followed with a manual trans vehicle before the remote start option will operate.

My alarm has the option although I have never installed the relay to allow it to bypass the interlock switch. But I have tested it from within the Pathy (to operate the switch manually) and by reaching through the window to depress it. You have to activate the shutdown, then follow the procedure to a tee. It includes iirc, two pulls of the parking brake, shutting the truck off (system keeps the engine running) exiting and locking the truck. After the it's locked and the alarm is activate, the remote start system turns it off/kills the engine and the remote start fuction is availible. If the alarm is tripped, disarmed or in anyway disrupted, remote start status is cancelled and you would then have to go through the shutdown procedure again.

I have a remote start alarm on my 5 speed pathfinder.

On my alarm you have to leave the engine running, then set the parking brake, then turn off the ignition.(vehicle still remains running) then open the drivers door, get out and close the door, at this point the engine shuts down and remote start will work for this point on. If you open the door remote strart becomes disabled and you will have to do this whole setup all over again in order to enable it again.

I did all the wiring for it to work, Tested and made sure it worked, Never used it again. LOL