mmm k. Time for the tire carrier to GO!

Slick

I am leaving the tire carrier off. I like the way my 4 door looks without it. Might even go faster too! LOL. whatcha offerin for it? it's in perfect condition. With or without the spare?? which still has cover. :type:

8 bolts and her in...plus the 2 bottom brackets. nothing major..and you should be fine installing it...I didn't notice any "special" reinforcements when I took it off.

There are some aftermarket tire carriers that mount with little modification, but they are expensive. Ah well....whish it coulda worked 4 ya.

Took a look through your pic album there, GG ~ man, did you have the rust. Looks like you got it all, though. Lotta work, you did a good job of getting rid of it... :beer:

Thanks, it's still a work in progress. That truck is my offroader, so it doesn't have to be pretty, but I would like it to be sealed up at least ;) .

IM in socal. Thanks anyways though GG. I have a buddy that does wonders with steel tubing and a cousin thats a good fabricator. I just have to keep buggin them to do it for me. Thanks though. Plus shipping wouldnt be cheap.

• 7 months later...
Ok weight is a big issue with theses things, so if someone had acces to a TIG wlder couldnt they recreate the stock one out of aluminum and save about 200 lbs in weight???    -thnkboutit-

Some weight could be saved, but I don't thinhk it would be anywere near *that* much ;)

Edited by RedPath88

yeah, manhandling a spare tire on and off the roof whenever you need it sounds like it would be a major PITA, plus the fact that putting a (inserthowevermuchatireweighs) lb. tire on the very top of your rig would throw your COG all wacky...

yeah, manhandling a spare tire on and off the roof whenever you need it sounds like it would be a major PITA, plus the fact that putting a (inserthowevermuchatireweighs) lb. tire on the very top of your rig would throw your COG all wacky...

Actually it isn't too bad on the COG, but yeah manhandling them on and off the roof can be a little technical. Once I get a full sized spare I might move mine to the roof and turn the swing away carrier into some sort of tool box.