Stolen 1988 Pathfinder! OR, WA-FOUND!

Kingman

My truck got stolen out of the pick n pull parking lot on Columbia BLVD around 1pm. License plate AKG-6637. If anyone sees it please call me at 360-912-1840 and notify the police. Bright blue, blacked out windows, black 5 spoke Enkei wheels, roof rack, factory brush guard.

I'm posting from my phone so I can't post pictures but I will later when I get around a computer.

I posted a pic on my Facebook page. I don't know how they stole it, its either someone that knows me/the truck/how to start it. Or a makeshift tow truck that hooked up to it and its in a scrapyard. Portland police are worthless, I've been trying to report it for hours now!

Very few people should know how to start that truck. lol. did you go to more than one yard today? maybe they watched you?

Scrap yards take cars without titles down there?

If the truck is tricky to start. Probably a tow truck. That's something that has been rampant down here in South Florida. Is tow trucks just taking cars and then to chop shops or trying to claim it was towed and strong arm "towing and storage fees".

Unfortunately these vehicles tend to get exported to South America very quickly.

Best of luck, get pictures out as soon as possible. If the cops still dont want to help. A quick way to get them to respond is to say you just maimed the person who stole your truck. $100 they will be there in minutes.

Oh Fark!! The one in your signature with the motor swap that you just got back? :ohno01:

So apparently you have some sort non-standard ignition that most people would have issues figuring out? Would it prevent the standard hotwiring or ignition lock mangling techinque? Are you sure it wasn't legally towed?

I really hope it turns up soon and if it was stolen, that someone gets busted. I really hate thieves! P...

Portland police are worthless, I've been trying to report it for hours now!

What? They won't show up to take a report or post an APB or whatever?

For those who need a look, here are some pictures of it 2 years ago, I don't think much has changed other than a roof basket?

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/23542-kingmans-88-se/?p=558723

B

I wired the ECU power, without it on, no matter what you do, it will not start.

I was in the junkyard for 20 mins getting a tire carrier and a fender flare. They have no cameras and I am highly suspicious of a drift kid that works there. He knows people that know people that are friends of mine , and it could be that someone knows how to start it and he tipped them off I was there because I'm in there quite a bit. I spoke with an officer that came to the scene and he said sometimes crack heads have makeshift tow trucks that look legit and take people stuff then scrap it. No broken glass anywhere and no peel out marks leaving the place.

I don't know.

The police department has a non emergency line that's like trying to call Verizon. They said they have to have am officer call me to file the report, how dumb! I had to get a rider from my grandpa to the WA dol to get my license plate number since it changed and I didn't know it.

So I spoke with an officer. She said that the towing truck thing is a major issue in the area, I need to search every scrap yard in the area.

I wired the ECU power, without it on, no matter what you do, it will not start.

Not a bad idea, I did something similar to an old dunebuggy. A switch under the seat changed the current from the dizzy to the engine coil to a coil under the drivers seat, grounded to the seat frame and copper mesh under the thin seat cover. I have no idea if it would have been the deterrent I hoped for (it was never stolen and I never had the desire to test it on a friend), but it wouldn't fire the engine regardless.

So I spoke with an officer. She said that the towing truck thing is a major issue in the area, I need to search every scrap yard in the area.

Great, you need to search the scrap yards. :rolleyes:

I know it is a manpower issue, but it would cut down on a lot of similar crimes if they shut down a scrap yard illegally accepting vehicles. If there is no where to take a stolen car, cars wouldn't be stolen for that purpose. Probably wishful thinking I suppose, but it still pisses me off. The cops seem to have time to ticket you or bust you for a beer, but not to find your car? Seems backwards to me... :shrug:

And my work toolbox is in there, my income and job.

Been there and this is how I dealt with it. The tools in my vehicles are cheap and the minimum that I would need to fix something on the side of the road that is feasibly done. The good tool stay in the garage in a box and I have a few different bags that I can load up for specific jobs or scenarios. It takes a little longer to sort/load and sometimes you don't have exactly what you need, but on the whole it works fine and you don't lose your tools when someone is a prick.

Just saying for the future...

B

• Like 1

I started working a dealership this week, have to use my own tools, and I had to take my tools home to do some stuff this weekend. Didn't take them out last night. I have a cheap carry bag at all times.

wired the ECU power, without it on, no matter what you do, it will not start.

Any information regarding how to start you truck if you have some kind of immobiliser is best kept with your self and some people that you trust. I'm not saying the the whole npora community is not trusy worthy but you have to remember that ANYONE can view the posts on npora. Anyways best of luck with finding your truck and when you do find it be sure to install a gps tracker on it, they're generall really cheap off ebay but make a HUGE difference when it comes to finding your vehicle.

IMG_20130327_155711_342_zps4345a9cb.jpg

^^This is the most recent picture I could find of it on npora, main difference being the wheels.

And I recommend that you remove the "quote for truth" just in case he decides to edit it after he gets the truck back. I'm sure he'll be changing how the ignition is set up once he gets the truck back, if more than you and your best friend that might drive it every other month know how to start it, it's time to make it more complicated.

Good luck James, I'll keep my eye out for it up here, I drive between South Seattle and Federal Way almost daily.

Any information regarding how to start you truck if you have some kind of immobiliser is best kept with your self and some people that you trust. I'm not saying the the whole npora community is not trusy worthy but you have to remember that ANYONE can view the posts on npora. Anyways best of luck with finding your truck and when you do find it be sure to install a gps tracker on it, they're generall really cheap off ebay but make a HUGE difference when it comes to finding your vehicle.

Edited by silverton

Went and looked for it today with my dad, nothing. My aunt's husband has friends that used to be in "the business" a while back and got a lot of info on where to look and they were looking too. My mom is buying me my old Suburban back to drive so I will be searching again tonight and the rest of the week.

Thanks guys. There's at least 300 people looking out for it, I sure hope it turns up. Going to try to get some sleep and be up at the ass crack of dawn to go look some more.

Found a few blocks away in a park parking lot from where it was stolen. Missing the stereo, mytools, carry crate, and almost my wheels but otherwise its all there. A lot of the lug nuts were missing and loose plus there was a jack in the truck. I think something spooked them or maybe they got caught in the act. They busted out the door lock and ignition, guarantee they never got it started. Started right up though! Just got home with it. It was towed to the impound lot on the 24th and I was never notified so I had to pay out the ass to get it back. I'm calling the police impound center on Monday and demanding they pay for the storage fee.

• Like 3

Well, at least it wasn't totally stripped or wrecked or whatever, and isn't too bad to fix. :aok:

It was towed to the impound lot on the 24th and I was never notified so I had to pay out the ass to get it back. I'm calling the police impound center on Monday and demanding they pay for the storage fee.

WTH? The vehicle is stolen, reported stolen, towed and stored, you aren't notified and then you have to pay to get it back? Who in their right minds would think that is how it should work? :doh:

B