Hello from Texas! New to NPORA and love the site!

TexasBoy

Hello folks,

I just picked up a '95 2wd LE V6 that will more than likly be going to my daughter in a few years. The knowledge and personal help that everyone is providing is amazing. I found the site thanks to Mr. Jim posting his sway bar video on YouTube and must say thank goodness.

So far I haven't done too much other than the bushing and shocks in front. I have also done minor interior work( cleaning and headliner replacement). The exterior is in pretty great shape for such an older vehical. Oh, I did change the stock wheels out for a set I had when I was in highschool and forgot I had stored at Pops house. He quickly reminded me of these when I told him I bought another Nissan.

A few things to work on first:

Tach jumps around

odometer not working

center stack lighting to replace.

Can't wait to get started on a new project!

Howdy and welcome! Did Texas finally allow Nissans across the border? I swear we've had a dozen new members from The Lone Star so far this year! Not that there is anything wrong with that... :unsure:

B

• Like 1

Welcome! Make sure you check when the timing belt was done last.

Jumpy tachs are not uncommon, sometimes tightening the brass screws that hold the gauge into the cluster (you have to take the cluster out) will fix this. You may be able to fix the odo while you're in there, or swap in a cluster from a junkyard.

• Like 1

Welcome! Make sure you check when the timing belt was done last.

Jumpy tachs are not uncommon, sometimes tightening the brass screws that hold the gauge into the cluster (you have to take the cluster out) will fix this. You may be able to fix the odo while you're in there, or swap in a cluster from a junkyard.

Yes sir this did fix the tach! Thanks much! I haven't driven yet to see if the odo is fixed also but at least I know what the engine is doing. I don't think anything has been done to this truck so the timing belt is sure to need changing. How many hours does this nomally take for a beginer?

Welcome! Timing belt is a great learning experience that will get you connected with your new pathy... haha seriously its not too bad just take your time and follow one of the many guides on here or get a copy of the FSM... oh yeah and take some pictures!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

How many hours does this nomally take for a beginer?

A day or two, depending on what all you replace. There is a write up in the Garage/How To section written by a Nissan mechanic. Between that and all the comments after, it should explain it. Holler if there are any questions though! :aok:

B