Just thought I would let you all know what is goin

wheel366

7 MONTHS!!!! His name isn't Mark is it? (most of you who have been around a while should know what I'm talking about...think botched SAS x2).

I would be FURIOUS...there is no excuse for him to have had the truck this long...this is pathetic. He is a waste of life. I would be there EVERY SINGLE morning and evening getting on his case about, when is my truck going to be done? Sounds like you are getting the royal shaft man. Sorry to hear it, but you need to cut bait and find someone RESPONSIBLE to do it...he may be reputable, and may do good work, but if he doesn't have the responsibility to get the job done, then he's no good to you.

And as for your mother, she's definitely got her priorities all out of whack. I don't see how anyone can put a friend before their own son. :crazy:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was told that I would have it this weekend. I'm heading over there in a few to make sure all is on schedule. However, I have been told this before and the time always came and went.

I found out why he won't concentrate on getting it done.

He told me that if he were to concentrate on my truck for a couple of days and he got stuck with needing a part and other jobs came in that he turned down, he would have lost that money since those jobs aren't there anymore. What a warped sense of reality he has. So, my revenge is to pay him but stretch it out for as long as it took him. So if it takes 8 months, I'll divide the bill by 8 months. After this, I'll take it somewhere else. I already need all my fluids changes, not including oil and I'm going to take it to the STS right down the road from me and give them the fluids and have them do it. I need some frame work so I'm taking it to the body shop down the road for me that I do IT work for. When I purchase the Calmini steering upgrade, I'll probably have STS do it or the body shop.

I can say this: If my tires have any flat spots in them I'm deducting that from the bill!!!!!! 7 months without having moved for the rears and 4 - 5 months for the fronts. The fronts are now jacked up, but that has to cause some damage.

If it was me, he wouldn't see a F'ing red cent. What's he going to do, take you to court? Why don't you try billing him for the loss of the use of your rig for X amount of months of anxiety, pain & suffering from Pathy withdrawls, etc. :contract:

BTW, I have to agree with a couple of others in here ~ your Mom's priorities are skewed more than a little bit. I wouldn't hesitate in looking for my own place... you have a real problem cutting your losses, don't you? Might be time for that assertiveness training course at the local JuCo... :furious:

It's not that I have a problem cutting losses, I just don't have the money at the moment. I still owe $13,800 on my S4 and am trying to pay it off by October, then looking to buy a house next year. I'm trying to stay out of an apartment. Plus I owe all the normaly things like credit card, school loan, lawyer bills, etc...

So, you're going to pay approx. $3500. for the next 4 consecutive months on your Audi, but can't afford anything other than the local jack-off working in his Mom's driveway to work on your Pathy? Sounds like BS to me ~ but that's just me... :shrug:

BTW, lawyer fees are not a "normal thing"... ;)

I agree with some of what you say. You'd have to be in my position to understand what I am going through and to tell you the truth, I don't don't fully understand it. I don't understand this guys way of thinking. It's erratic if not f'ed up.

As for Lawyer bills, I had in issue with my S4 a while back that had to do with the body shop I used screwing me over and not letting me have my car back unless I signed a release form. They charged for parts they didn't replace, did half a** work and drove my car for over 600 miles. So, that's what the lawyer bills are all about.

I want to go over there and break this mechanic's legs, but that's not realistic at the moment. I have problem doing it, but I do have a problem with going to jail. I don't think Bubba and I would get along to well. If I could get it out of there and have someone else work on it, I would have done it 6 months ago, but no-one wants to work on it after somebody else has started it.

I'm royally screwed!

Edited by wheel366

Oh, and when he moves to Cali, I'll get his info so any of you that live in CA can harrass him :-) By the way, my lawyer is writing a letter tomorrow and hinting about a possible lawsuit and running an illegal business!!!

That's cool, wheel. Sorry to hear about your probs w/ the Audi, but why didn't you just turn it into your insurance? I had the same thing happen to me, i.e. the shop re-used some of my parts while billing the insurance for new ones, etc. That's why you pay your insurance company ~ let them foot the bill.

I turned it into the Nevada State Insurance regulators. They nailed the sumbitches big time for fraud, and it cost me nothing other than a little time on the phone. No lawyer, no fees. Thankfully, I'd taken detailed pics of all damage. They had a hard time explaining how a body gasket, side marker light, etc. damaged in the crash, had the same nicks & scrapes as the "new" ones they installed. Hammer time... P...

I agree, I'm not in your position (trying now to grab ankles ~ j/k), it's easy to sit & read something and formulate a hypothesis when there's a ton of personal variables, none of which I was privy to. I apologize for being a smartass... :beer:

It's cool brother! I don't feel like getting into the S4 thing right now. I'm to pissed off. I left a message for my mechanic today asking for him to call me to let me know what time I could pick up the truck since he told my father that it would be done today. He called me back and said "You can pick it up at 7:00 whether it's done or not wisea$$." Now, I'm really really pissed!

I'm having his customer's car towed out of my drive way tomorrow. YES, he has had another customers car in my driveway for 8 months. I don't know where they are towing it to, but it's not going to his house. Probably somewhere far, if I have anything to say about it. As I stated previously, my lawyer is drafting a letter this week and is going to call me when it's done. He is going to mention the running of an illegal business and I'll take his damn parents to court if I have to.

:angry:

OK, good you got the ball rolling now ! Just remember to focus on the solution, not pay backs (although a little cant hurt... :P ).

GL, and keep us informed... Bet the guy doesn't know you have a Pathy Posse behind ya... ;)

B

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a copy of the letter that he should have received today. It's pretty harsh. If there are any spelling mistakes, they are my fault. I just typed the letter from the one that he sent and whenever he used my name I used ME, MY, etc.. Any thoughts?

Dear Mr Green:

Please be advised that this law firm has been retained by "ME".  The purpose of our retention is to take such legal steps necessary to compel your completion of repairs to "MY" Nissan Pathfinder which was tendered to you over seven months ago. 

It is our understanding from speaking to our client that despite numerous promises on your part to complete the necessary repairs for which "MY" vehicle was delivered to you, all such promises have been broken and "MY" vehicle remains basically in the same condition as when first delivered.  It is unconscionable that there repairs could take such an inordinate amount of time to complete.

It is also our understanding that it is very difficult to find a mechanic to complete these repairs by reason of the fact you have already commenced removal of certain parts and replaced with newer parts.  Therefore "ME" has hired us to make certain that all necessary repairs are satisfactorily completed in short order and that the vehicle be delivered to "ME" in due course.

Please be advised that we have been authorized by our client to bring an action in Morris County Superior Court for a mandatory in junction compelling you to complete the necessary repairs and deliver "MY" vehicle to him.  This action will be commenced unless delivery of the fully repaired vehicle is made by July 22, 2005.  Please be advised that under the Consumer Fraud Act of New Jersey and other New Jersey law you will most likely be responsible for monetary damages and legal fees if such action is necessary.  Please also be advised that the legality of your conduct of business shall also be brought before a state court judge and proper authorities.

I urge that you take this opportunity to complete the repairs which have been unreasonably delayed for whatever reason so that you can avoid court appearance and judgment against you. 

Please be guided accordingly.

Edited by wheel366

I'd say that is firm, not harsh. Firm is "you will get the isht done, or else" which is what the letter says and gives him a chance to deal with it (not like he hasn't). Harsh is "appear in court next Teusday) which you haven't done. Make that clear to him when he whines, but dont let up !! Also, take your sweet time paying him, as he just might do a crap job of it. I also recommend draining the tank and replacing the oils when you get it back; I think you know what I mean. If he insists on being an ass, post his contact info (name, address, phone #, email, etc) here, and I'm sure collectively we can make him widdle in his snuggies... I'll certainly give it my all; it's not even my truck and I'm that pissed !

B

Well, when I get it back I'm gonna have someone else take a look at it then I'll decide if I am going to start paying him or not. I understand about the whole fluids thing.

He isn't hip enough to have an email address. He wouldn't even know how to turn a PC on and would probably try and talk into the mouse.

I'm betting on him either not reading the letter or not caring and still doing the same thing as he has always done.

I'm not sure but I think my lawyer is going to follow up with a phone call. The guy isn't that smart so if he does read it, he probably won't get half of what it says.

A tow truck and a moonless night. Yank your Pathy out from Gomer's yard and don't pay him squat. As an added bonus, tell him you're sueing him for the value of the truck because it was "stolen" while you assumed responsibility for its security. Watch him sweat a little.

Mine would have read something like:

Dear Assmonkey

Fix my frucking Pathfinder like you promised and I'll tell my Uncle Vito not to burn your house to the ground and piss on the cinders.

Me

ps. It had better be done to my satisfaction or you're going on a one way trip to hurtsville

Guest vERSATILE

Turn about is fair play! This schmuck has been jerking your train long enough. Give lie for lie. Tell this goomer that you don't want to spend any lawyer money. Offer him $500.00 extra cash when it is done. Take it for a test drive and don't go back. Have a friend drive you over there so you don't leave a vehicle behind. What goes round comes round etc.

Oh, and when he moves to Cali, I'll get his info so any of you that live in CA can harrass him :-) By the way, my lawyer is writing a letter tomorrow and hinting about a possible lawsuit and running an illegal business!!!

OOh yes. Give his addy to me! I have Noooooooooooooooooo problems going back to jail.. but really.. who's going to call the police on someone they don't know.. and a female kickin their a$$ at that? noo one I know of.. hehe.. I would be more than happy to play a few tricks on him..... P...

Slick, you are my kind of girl!!! I like you more with each post!

Tonight i was pimping my old CR-X and 2 girls on a crotch rocket invited me along...i though i would probably get more than the ride of my life so i declined but all along thinking ...How much fun these girls must be in day to day life!!!

P...P...P... I would pay dearly for a vid of you beating the pathy-hating blood outta that dude!!! P...P...

Edited by 98silverpathy

Man, I would pay since I can't do it myself. Oh, how I want to so baaaaaaaaaaaaad. I had a thought of bring a louisville slugger over there and wearing it out, but then I think that I would get more please using my own fists.

OK. New development. My mom called the police today to have them tow his customers car from our driveway. The cop said he can't because it's private property. So, he went to talk to him and he wasn't thgere. So, he went and spoke to his brother who said that he would take care of it. The cop said that if it isn't gone by 7pm tomorrow, to call them back and they will take care of it.

Then Dave, the mechanic came over to my house and spoke to my father. he said" tell your son to come pick up his truck". My dad asked if it was done or does it need to be towed and he said towed. So, my dad said "See you in court".

So, I went there tonight and got a tow truck. he spoke to the tow truck guy and told him that it's blocked in and he can't tow it tonight and to come back tomorrow. The tow truck guy told me that he wouldn't be able to tow it anyways since it wasn't registered. The registration expired in June. Why register is when it's been sitting for 8 months. To bad it is still insured.

So, tomorrow I need to go register it, then call AAA and the cops and go get the damn thing!

Geez, what a mess Bud !! Glad to hear Pops is not about to put up with that crap. So Gomer (Dave, but Gomer here !) says to pick it up, but has it blocked in and wont move the vehicle ? What a prick ! Tips for you...

1) Push the car in your driveway into the street, and leave it parked all screwy and blocking traffic. The matter will resolve its self quickly, trust me. I've seen it and done it... ;)

2) Start documenting all the dates and facts that you can for court, better late than never. Especially the miles that were put on it while he had it for 'repairs'...

3) Don't talk to Gomer or his kin what so ever about the issue from here on out; same for your parents.

The fact that he has an illegal 'business' puts him in a bad place, I'd start calling everyone from the local chamber of commerce to the IRS. Make him hurt !! What an assjack...

B

Oh, and when he moves to Cali, I'll get his info so any of you that live in CA can harrass him  :-)  By the way, my lawyer is writing a letter tomorrow and hinting about a possible lawsuit and running an illegal business!!!

OOh yes. Give his addy to me! I have Noooooooooooooooooo problems going back to jail.. but really.. who's going to call the police on someone they don't know.. and a female kickin their a$$ at that? noo one I know of.. hehe.. I would be more than happy to play a few tricks on him..... P...

:lol: Can't say that I know anyone who would admit to that either! And anyone who did is just plain... :crazy:

After I get the truck back, I'll post his addy and phone #. I wrote him checks, so there is proof that he was paid for work. Also, no that it matters, but my father gave him $400 cash, but photocopied the bills.

I already tried pushing it in the street, but it's an auto and I wasn't able to break the steering column loose without breaking the whole thing.