Just thought I would let you all know what is goin

wheel366

LOL, photocopying the bills doesn't mean much; a reciept would. The checks you wrote are good news... Hopefully you wrote something like 'truck repair' on the comment line, but thats not truely necessary... As for the auto in the driveway, a good floor jack or two, and off she goes... ;) I know a guy who jacked up each wheel, wrapped sheet metal around them, wired it on, and dragged it 3 blocks !! :D If you know anyone with a big truck, just drag it off without doing anything else... If it gets damaged, Gomer can fix it in a year or two... :P There are many ways, and the wierder the better; your friends would be more likely to help just for the comic value and bragging rights... :aok:

B

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.  New development.  My mom called the police today to have them tow his customers car from our driveway.  The cop said he can't because it's private property.

Yeah I've heard that one before...

One night I came home after a long a** day at work to find an old (sorry guy's) 720 in my driveway... totally blocking my parking!

I pulled into the grass and took a look around my property to see if it was someone looking for me, but no one was around.

Looked at the truck and found that it was cold, so it had been there for a while.

Thinking that maybe it had broke down, I waited a several hours then called the police. They came and told me the same thing.. “We they can't because it's on private property”. :furious: Then he told me that I could call a towing company and pay the towing fee's if I liked :crazy:

I asked him if he could go for a short drive and when he returned, he just *might* find it in the middle of the road. To this is laughed and said that they "know" it's not there now, "but if it ever happens again" followed by a ;) ...... :cool2:

Turned out that they guy who parked it there, did so to avoid the police while he was at the bar (a block from my house)... it did not exactly work out the way he planned. sly

The police ran his plates while they werer here and discovered that he had 4 warrants out on him... they parked two blocks down the street and waited rest of the night. At about 2am when he returned they arrested him. Called his father to let him know that if he did not find a way to get it out of there, I was going to get rid of it. The truck was gone before I woke the next morning! :aok:

I did feel a little bad for the way it went down, but since he rudely blocked my driveway just so he avoid the cops while getting drunk.. I really don't care what happened to him! :nono:

I already tried pushing it in the street, but it's an auto and I wasn't able to break the steering column loose without breaking the whole thing.

Use a truck to drag it into the street (that's what I planned on doing)

***EDIT: Like B said*** ;)

BUT.. Before you do that, refer back to my last post ^^^ about the police already knowing that it's *not* in the street.

Be careful not to get yourself into trouble in the process.

Edited by RedPath88

UPDATE:

He came and got the car on Friday and we worked it out where I would get it today. Well needless to say, I didn't get it today. However, he has been busting his arse working on this thing. he has been sandblasting parts and painting all of the paintable stuff. He cleaned one set of injectors and was about to start working on the other set. he showed me my PCV valve, which was just put in 14k miles ago was filled with carbon. Headers are all bolted up. Front Diff has been filled. Transfer case, rear diff, trans and clutch still need to be changed.

All in all, I think he finally realized that I'm not messing around and that it should be another couple of solid days before it's ready.

We will see!

UPDATE:

...All in all, I think he finally realized that I'm not messing around and that it should be another couple of solid days before it's ready.

Progress, such a sweet thing... even if you must get it moving by intimidation! ;)

Well, my dad stopped by on Saturday and he tol him that I would be ready to start and drive today. Well, he never called. My dad went by and it's still not done. Looks like a bracket and maybe the rest of the injectors are on, but that's it.

So, I call and left him a message that my lawyer will be filing the injunction tomorrow. I also said that "You told me it would be done by Thursday and I gave you until Monday and it's still not done".

We'll see if he calls me back.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it looks like tomorrow is the day. he called me and said that tomorrow afternoon it will be done and the bill is $1100.

Question: Do you guys think that is fair for the labor? Keep in mind that I supplied 99% of the parts. I know that he paid for the new rings and probably some other miscellenous stuff.

Hmm, he had the truck for what, over a year ? And put how many miles on it ? Go get your truck, dont pay him, or just a deposit, and drive it for a while to make sure Gomer did a good job. Then pay him the rest after a year (or how long he had it) -milage charge. Thats how I'd do it, NO JOKE !!

B

Well, I think it is finally finished. My dad saw him drive it today. However, he never called me to tell me it was done.

So, after work my father, uncle and I went to get it. I tried to back it out of the driveway using just the E-brake. That failed, so I tried to start it, and that failed, so the 3 of us had to push it back up the driveway to the spot it was in.

I think he may have disconnected something so it wouldn't start.

Tomorrow, if I don't have, I will have to go over there with some big guns to get it.

My body hurts from pushing!

• 2 weeks later...

Holy SH!T. Well, I have to go to court to get my truck. The truck is finished, but it isn't running right. So, I'm taking it somewhere else. However, I told him that I would pay him if and only if I get the truck back from this new shop and they said that anything that is wrong with it has nothing to do with anything that he has done. If for instance, my cams are all worn out due to him running with low oil pressure, then I don't have to pay.

Well, that wasn't acceptable. Then he brought up old work that I didn't pay for, but he didn't ask for money then. So.... He asked for $900 for the old labor and for raplacing the rear axle seal. I said, OK but I have to pay you in payments and that's where it got hairy.

He didn't like that and said I could give him $550 up front and pay payments, and I said I'll give you $200 and he laughed. I said, $200 plus more monthly and no court, or we go to court and I destroy you.

He chose to court way. My lawyer is waiting to hear from his lawyer tomorrow. What a predicament I have gotten myself into. And after all of this, my truck still isn't working properly. Oh, and that $900 doesn't include any engine work he did this time.

Don't pay him a dime.

Talk to a lawyer about it, but I think since he's a shade tree mechanic, there's no legal claim on any repair work he did. Bad news is you probably can't sue him for the shoddy work, either. Use the cash you were going to give him to pay a reputable shop to get your truck running right and call it done. I'd stop all personal communication with him and run all future correspondence through your lawyer. That tends to freak people out and they start to question the validity of their case. Also, this $900 for "old labor" is a joke. The labor charge should've been discussed at the time of repair. He's just trying to shake you up so you'll agree to pay him for the current work.

Well, I still have his messages saved on my answering machine. Some of them tell me it will be done on a specific date and some are nasty calling me a wise a$$. I have the fraud line for the IRS and I will call the zoning\building department about the illegal business. I also paid him everything in check form minus about $400 of what I have given him.

Bud, like I been saying, pay him nothing ! Good that you are going through a lawyer now. Roast his A$$ !! Don't let up at all, hurt him as much as you can. Let him see what it is like as the screwie rather than the screwer. You actually owe this to society in general so he doesn't think he can get away with kind of crap. How long has he had your truck ? How many miles had he put on it ? That alone is sufficient reason to work him over. Good luck, but I'd say you are in a better spot than he is !

B

Well if I can go and steal it back, I will do that!

If I can't, then my lawyer suggested that I pay $550 and tell him I'll pay the rest later, then not pay and have him come after me. His reasoning is that the court and lawyer fees will be 3 times what he is asking for and I will be in a bigger hole.

I'm first waiting for an itemized invoice from him so I can look at it then give him the $550 and get lo-jack installed so if he ever tries to take it back I'll know where it is.

file a suit for the court costs since it is his fault that it had to go this far. Not only have you been without the vehicle but you have incurred expensed (like a different vehicle's wear and tear) and court costs. The minimum you should settle for is for you to pay him what you owe for the work that was done (or to be done) and him to pay for your court costs, compensation for not having the truck, and whatever it costs to take it somewhere else to fix it the way he was supposed to.

What a big a$$ mess I have no real comment but it makes you think that some times it's good to have mob ties too call in favors from for occasions such as this. I did like the ball bat story though . if so? need help? :D just kidding. But sorry to hear about your luck.

Joey

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend, my brother-in-law, who is a cop, sent one of his cop friends from my town over there. He spoke to him, but the guy just blew him off.

Tuesday, my mother went down and spoke to the zoning department and she sent him a letter stating that he has 10 days to get all vehicle's off his property and back to their owners. I'll put the letter up sometime soon. After he fot the letter, he still had people come over and drop cars off for him to work on and I haven't gotten a call from him.