Haynes or Chilton manual?

00PathfinderSE

Factory service manual, the others are pretty much useless, always happens when you go to look up something specific to your truck it shows the detail for another year which is different than yours !!

You can download the FSM for free from here:

http://www.nicoclub....000_Pathfinder/

just click on each category, when it opens click the diskette symbol top of the page, and select save, create a folder first named 2000 PF FSM or whatever you want too.

Edited by ahardb0dy
  • Like 1

1. I believe Chilton's books are now printed by Haynes, so they generally suck about equally now ... totally agree with ahardb0dy, Chilton's & Haynes books ok for simple stuff anything else FSM @ nicoclub all-day, cheers ! : )

X5 on the FSM. I used to buy Chilton only because it was a great repair manual years back, but now they are as bad as Haynes...

Besides... FSM is what the Factory Service guys use... I think. Hahaha...

FSM will win hands down every time. The downloads are free (and safe) and they are specific to your year truck, not some vague description that leaves out that all important step.

Yep. I agree with the majority of the posts above this one. I have had a Haynes manual since I bought my 99.5 (roughly 10 years or so). The FSM beats it "hands down" and I haven't opened the Haynes since I discovered it.

• 2 weeks later...

I luv Haynes manuals. Never cared for chiton manuals. Haynes was always easier to read, and useful for DIY mechanics, the chitons books were geared more towards engine rebuilds and the such.

I personally believe that repair manuals are only good for 3 things, one to keep track of all the vehicles you've owned (by a manual for each vehicle), 2-to find torque specs occasionally, and 3-bathroom reading, but when you are head to the garage, leave the manual behind and just use your skills to figure it what to do.

My choice, Internet, forums, and a Haynes for torque specs. Those three things can fix anything, remember, no manual will cover modifications...