Back after a 4 year break...

projekz

Hi all.

I finally decided to get another R50 Pathfinder. I picked it up today after looking around for a while. I really wanted an SE in the dark green color. Not an easy find around here. Glad to be part of this community once again. I will be doing a 2 inch lift sometime in the fall hopefully along with some trail gear basics.

Here it is:

pathfinder4.jpg

pathfinder.jpg

pathfinder3.jpg

Nice and clean! Welcome back.

Be sure to get it inspected for last May's strut housing corrosion recall if it hasn't been yet. And of course, change out all the fluids and filters if you don't have records indicating they've been done recently.

Download a copy of the FSM if you haven't yet; to save a copy of the FSM, right click -> Save As on every PDF, save them into a single folder, then use fwd.pdf to navigate.

You may also want to adjust the accelerator cable if there's any slack - see page FE-3 of the FSM. See EL-181 for adjustment of the cruise wire; always adjust both at the same time.

Edited by Towncivilian

Its hard enough finding that color, even HARDER finding one with that straight of bumpers, especially the chrome ones.

Nice find :aok:

That color looks great with black accessories as well. Check out Fisher dude's pathfinder, he has the exact same color, probably some good inspiration there.

Welcome back!

The mileage is getting up there at 278,000kms so about 190,000 miles. Still runs like a top so far. I'll be replacing the fluids along with rear lower trailing arms and some front lower control arms that I still have from my last R50 that never got installed lol. Can't believe I still manage to find them after 4 years.

I'll have a look later in August at maybe lifting it and starting the mods.

• 3 months later...

Small update.

I've been waiting for my lift for over 3 months now. I'm hoping the newly ordered springs will be here next week. Meanwhile I have new struts, shocks and sway bar links waiting patiently in the garage.

I installed new front and rear lower trailing arms, starter, cv axles, spark plugs, ngk wires and replaced all the fluids in the past month. I'll be getting some custom sliders and skid plates built soon.

Here are some pics to keep you guys entertained until then...

6.jpg

2.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02377.jpg

I was stuck in the first picture. I broke through the ice as I was leading the trail. I wasn't able to make it since the chunks of ice were limiting my traction. I had to be pulled back with the engine turned off since I was scared I would hydrolock my engine. the water was pretty deep.

Finally got my springs today. OME 928 HD front and 922 MD rear. I'm hoping to have them installed later this week when I have a chance. Looking forward to seeing how stiff the ride will be in the front...

Installed my suspension yesterday and hit 288,888kms. Suspension install went fairly well. Only issue was a seized shock sleeve on the right rear. Took some measurements before and after.

I got a full 2.5 inch lift all the way around. The ride is firmer but still comfortable. Handling is vastly improved and it looks 100 times better.

Before

12110001.jpg

12110002.jpg

After

12110022.jpg

Install pics

12110021.jpg

12110020.jpg

12110014.jpg

12110015.jpg

Lucky number

12110004.jpg

Next I'm installing a new trailer hitch. The one that was on the vehicle was a universal one that hung way too low. I removed it yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...