Center link

918pathy

Okay im trying to figure out which parts to use so i can install a steering damper with the 2wd steering links. i went to nissan and the frame pin for the 2wd hardbody and 4wd pathfinder have different part numbers but look very similar in picture. can someone with both center links take a measurement of the placement of the steering damper mount on the 2wd hardbody center link?? i want to know which steering damper and which frame pin will need to be used with this setup..

I'm running rough country steering stabilizer on both my pathy and the parts pathy with the 2wd hardbody center link conversion.

It uses a L bracket that bolts using 2 of the pitman arm bracket bolts and then bolts to the center using the stock centerlink tab.

Well with the 2wd center link conversion you need to flip the centerlink over which now moves the centerlink tab alot closer to the pitman arm bracket so all you do removed the L bracket from the pitman arm side and bolt it up using the 2 idler arm bracket bolts and all is well the stabilizer still function the same and has the same range of motion just swapped sides.

The rancho stabilier kit uses the 2 idler arm bracket bolt any way so its nothing out of the normal it just has you cut off the tabs on the centerlink any way and use 2 u bolt style clamps so no matter which stabilzer you go with both will work great.

Just get the kit for the 4wd pathy and you will have no issues.

This weekend i'm taking it to the offroad park to bash it around some and see how it does. I will have the pathy centerlink with tierods in the back incase some thing breaks.

It takes me a whole 15 mins to swap it all out as a whole so no issues.

Also just to clarify. I would be using the:

WD21 OUTER TRE - WD21 ADJUSTMENT SLEEVE - HB INNER TRE - HB CENTERLINK

in that order.

Then I am going to tap the inside facing edge of the adjustment sleeve to 18mm. The HB inner tre end can then thread into the inner side of the WD21 adjuster. Am I correct?

OK i forgot today was a 4 day weekend at work due to presidents day so i took the parts pathy to the offroad park today.

After 5 hours of playing and bashing the pathy over some jumps the steering system is still nice and tight and steering wheel is still on center and nothing is bent.

The exhaust tail pipe on the other hand fell off but ehh its the parts truck so no worries lol.

So i went on rockauto.com and ordered all new moog parts with 2wd hb centerlink and inner tre's so should be here in a few days fun fun.

Now all i really need to do to my pathy is figure out how to adapt some skid plates to it since no one makes any other then the front for our lonely wd21's

Edited by wd21overland

So is there still a need for the HD chevy outer TRE if using the 2wd d21 setup? The parts are pretty cheap on rockauto so i think I'll do the same. The center link and 2 inner TRE should be less than $200, plus the stabalizer will still be less than the grassroots system. Keep us posted dood, but since mine is already bent I think i'll just pick one up and swap em over.

Would a center link from a 1st generation Xterra work on a Pathfinder Wd21?

If I am not mistaken they are the same... Been a while since I looked, but when I was in the process of going through my steering issues I did research it out...

Hang on let me look...

Okay after looking back here is what I had found then:

The two are slightly different but can be swapped...

I actually sent one X CL to HooHaa as a core along with 2 others... They look almost identical with the exception of the X CL is slightly longer (SLIGHTLY)

Part numbers are

95 WD21 DS80594 (Moog)

00 WD22 DS80593 (Moog)

Hope that helps.

Yeah make sure to post some pics up of the proper setup with re-tapped adjusters to use the pathy outers. i wanna see what it looks like all said and done properly. :) thanks!

I will be going to a machine shop to do that. You actually need to re-tap for the inners, they are surprisingly thicker. A new thread is going up for the build.

Edited by Tungsten

I will be going to a machine shop to do that. You actually need to re-tap for the inners, they are surprisingly thicker. A new thread is going up for the build.

Can't wait to see! If I can get the $$ together this might be my first meaningful mod.

Okay after looking back here is what I had found then:

The two are slightly different but can be swapped...

I actually sent one X CL to HooHaa as a core along with 2 others... They look almost identical with the exception of the X CL is slightly longer (SLIGHTLY)

Part numbers are

95 WD21 DS80594 (Moog)

00 WD22 DS80593 (Moog)

Hope that helps.

That does help, thank you isnt the one for the Xterra suppose to be stronger

Edited by 918pathy