What is this...

Like the video hints... the rear end tends to wag back and forth. This is noticed the most when speed bumps are hit at a medium speed. Also the more angle on the panhard the more it pulls the axle to the passenger side of the vehicle. Thus the tire sticks out more on the passenger side of the rig...

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I've never noticed that before. If it's too much of a problem I'll fix it. Do you sell it?

For now they are $50 + the ride. Ends up being $55 to the door...

I'm going to finish the front first. I still need to see whether I need to raise the back or not. Right now, I have several expensive parts to install: Cv axles, sub-frame drop, brake lines, new tires, timing belt and everything that should be replaced at the same time, a broken exhaust, etc. If I get all this out of the way, and I still have money, I'll buy one from you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to finish the front first. I still need to see whether I need to raise the back or not. Right now, I have several expensive parts to install: Cv axles, sub-frame drop, brake lines, new tires, timing belt and everything that should be replaced at the same time, a broken exhaust, etc. If I get all this out of the way, and I still have money, I'll buy one from you.

Would this be for an R50?... cause it would be completely different.

ok ryan ...what i have done is lengthen my pan hard bar (to raise the rear of the truck)if i go with th 3 in drop do i have to shorten the bar(go back to stock)....i have not noticed any mis-aligement of the rear axle(just eye balling it) but i do have bad tire wear issues (the outsides wear first but i think i warped my axle while welding it)i have a new housing in the garage ready to be welded by a professional welder

ok my question was would i need to go back to a stock bar? if i install one of your units

Edited by itsme1738

just a quick question. can you pre drill holes to adapt for a 3inch lift aswell as a 2 inch lift? or will this not work as it is internal

Ya.. it is hard to get two inches lower with this style. A guy could possibly make and external mounting type unit. The external would however need some type of sleeve inside the stock panhard mount. Otherwise the factory mount would have a good chance of slowly crushing under pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya.. it is hard to get two inches lower with this style. A guy could possibly make and external mounting type unit. The external would however need some type of sleeve inside the stock panhard mount. Otherwise the factory mount would have a good chance of slowly crushing under pressure.

I can't remember what the limitations are, but would it be feasable to make a mount extension on the axle side for the 2" BL crowd seeing as you gots the mad skillz and all?

I had this discussion with AK9849cy when we were going over the initial preliminaries in the making of it. I had remembered in the past we had talked about it being better to raise the Axle mount side up rather then drop the frame side down to get everything to be set up more desirable. What he mentioned to me was that when looking into this option in the past, there would be problems with the raised mount hitting the Frame when flexing. Also, it would not be a Bolt on application either.

The reason the bar has to be flat is to avoid a back and forth shift in upward travel. If the bar is flat at ride height when you hit a bump the axle will only slightly shift in one direction in the up travel. If you have a lift without this dropped mount the axle will shift slightly in one direction at the start of the up travel and then in the other direction at the end of the upward travel. It will cause an unstable feeling in the rear end. I hope that made sense lol?

I had this discussion with AK9849cy when we were going over the initial preliminaries in the making of it. I had remembered in the past we had talked about it being better to raise the Axle mount side up rather then drop the frame side down to get everything to be set up more desirable. What he mentioned to me was that when looking into this option in the past, there would be problems with the raised mount hitting the Frame when flexing. Also, it would not be a Bolt on application either.

Im sure there is a way to make it bolt on. and possible so it pivots like a shackle? I might try this out

Whats wrong with the Calmini one that comes with their kit???....OHHH YEAH I HAD TO DRILL THE PISS OUT OF IT. THANKS CALMINI

LMAO. I have one of the Calmini brackets... yep it had to be modified... and now its rusting like crazy... time to powder coat it...

Sounds about right for what I hear about Calmini...

Amen.

Ryan, got a company name?

Ryan, got a company name?

GrandpaX... The Logos will probably have a shorter GPX. Most of the folks got a "GPX" bottle opener with the bracket.

I have been on the road for over a week... My hope is to get to the steel yard today for more 3/16 plate.

Edited by AK9849cy