SE owners - What's you gas mileage?

shaggy

Thanks. I assume you mean it was under-clocking? I don't want to discover that it's 'out' the other way (i.e. getting worse mpg)! 8>(

I was thinking I might take the mileage off google maps for a ~20 mile trip, for a check. I don't have no fancy gps, and mile markers are usually out of town quite a ways.

She's getting down to almost 1/4 full and I haven't hit 200 miles yet(!) By my reckoning, that's too damn close to 10.5 - 11.0mpg (what my old gas guzzler got).

Shaggy

refill at a 1/4 tank and see what it takes, my 88 drops fast to a 1/4 tank and I still have almost a 1/2 tank.

The 94 seems to to hang on full then drops fast to 1/4 fuel light comes on at empty and I still have almost 3 gals left. 94 gets about 18 1/2 on the freeway at 70-75

thats loaded with about 300 lbs of junk and a 100 lb lab, wife and I add about another 330 lbs

Edited by vagabond

What's "mpg" ? I get gpm! :rofl:

Me too! That's .064 gall. or just over 1/16 gallon of gas per mile! (the reciprocal of my mpg figure, I guess... I love maths, though I'm terrible at it!)

Also at current gas prices, only 24.6 cents per mile (around town). Not too shabby.

Shag

Edited by shaggy

LOL yes, the throttle. And I had mine up to 75 once, the engine had more to give, but the suspension sure didn't. The low gearing is probably just to compensate for the big tires, so as long as it has big tires on it, the final ratio should be similar to the higher-geared rear axle running little tires.

LOL yes, the throttle. And I had mine up to 75 once, the engine had more to give, but the suspension sure didn't. The low gearing is probably just to compensate for the big tires, so as long as it has big tires on it, the final ratio should be similar to the higher-geared rear axle running little tires.

All the speed limits on the interstate around here are 75 to 80mph but even at that speed with the bigger tires mine cruises nicely.

With the 31's mine could easily do 90+mph and I did 80 on a regular basis with the cruise set. Though I have all new suspension parts lol. The highest I've taken it with the 33's is 75 and it held and rode great.

I've done a full tune up, replaced all my vacuum lines, fresh oil, filter, air filter, fuel filter, cleaned the throttle body, and it is running great. It doesn't feel like a total slug anymore. The vacuum lines made a pretty big difference, I never could find an actual leak but all the hoses were cracked where they slide on so I think there were probably some teeny tiny holes that I couldn't find, and all that building up dragged the engine down.

I haven't taken my Pathfinder on a trip yet. Have to admit I was a bit shocked initially at the truck-like ride and low gearing. I wish they would have saved the low gearing for 4WD and/or allowed normal 5th to be more like an overdrive, but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Guess I'll just have to get used to the higher revs 'cruising' on trips, maybe it won't be so bad. I like pretty much everything else about the NIssan so far, just miss the effortless cruising of my previous POS. (I don't miss it's gas bill though!)

Shag

Edited by shaggy

What a relief! I'm getting 15.6 mpg, i.e. mostly around town (222.7 miles on the clock, 14.27 gallons to top up form just over empty. (So-called 'empty' must be far from it - at 21 gallons full there would have been almost 7 galls left!)

So she ain't such a guzzler after all! Now maybe I can afford a trip or two...

BTW, I think I can assume my speedo gearing is more or less correct for the tire size (otherwise the mpg would be more to the negative side), but I'll still be checking.

thanks for all the feedback!

Shag

Wait a second here. Our tanks run 21 gallons full? i thought it was 15. HOLY CRAP

• Like 1

Wait a second here. Our tanks run 21 gallons full? i thought it was 15. HOLY CRAP

Depends who you believe. My Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Manual (original issue) says 21-1/8 gallons (80 liters).

But my Chilton manual says (for all Nissan trucks) - 15.9 gallons!

I searched the Haynes manual - it doesn't seem to mention it anywhere.

So now I don't got a clue how much it holds! I will have to wait till I empty it again - oh boy I can hardly wait 8>(

Somebody here must know for sure(?)

Shag

Edited by shaggy

There also could be a difference between the volume of the entire gas tank, and the maximum volume you can put it based on the fill tube location or something... not sure, perhaps there is supposed to be air space at the top of the tank.

Depends who you believe. My Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Manual(original issue) says 21-1/8 gallons (80 liters).

But my Chilton manual says (for all Nissan trucks) 15.9 gallons!

The Haynes manual doesn't seem to mention it.

So now I don't got a clue how much it holds! I will have to wait till I empty it again I guess. Somebody here must know for sure(?)

Shag

There also could be a difference between the volume of the entire gas tank, and the maximum volume you can put it based on the fill tube location or something... not sure, perhaps there is supposed to be air space at the top of the tank.

My vote is for 15. my gas gauge is off and i have been using mileage, With my little gas leakage problem i told myself i only get 13 mpg. 180 miles on a full tank. :D but i know im wrong so yea.

Your tank is 21 gallons, all wd21s are. The chilton haynes manuals are stupid and only useful as fire starting material.

HOLY CRAP. THAT MEANS!! OMFG

I CAN LAST A WEEK ON ONE TANK OF GAS!!!

I THANK YOU oh great one!

Your tank is 21 gallons, all wd21s are. The chilton haynes manuals are stupid and only useful as fire starting material.

I've never ran the 88 or the 94 dry, but I've put in 18+ gals in both :D

If i run out of fuel while averaging mileage for 21 gallons I will find you and leave a flaming bag of poop on your hood. JK LOL

• Like 1

I've been on E and never put more than 15 gallons in.

Someone said that on E you've got four gallons still in the tank. Mine wasn't quite down to E, and it took about 14-1/4 gallons to refill. Sounds about like yours. With 4 or 5 residual and 14+ to refill, plus any variables, I can see 20 gallons.

Shag

I've been on E and never put more than 15 gallons in.

Someone said that on E you've got four gallons still in the tank. Mine wasn't quite down to E, and it took about 14-1/4 gallons to refill. Sounds about like yours. With 4 or 5 residual and 14+ to refill, plus any variables, I can see 20 gallons.

Shag

Shag

Well with my crappy fuel tank leak im going to say on a 21 gallon tank i should get a minimum of 260 miles out of the tank. MINIMUM. (this would make sense due to a recent events)

So I am going with out truck have 21 gallon tank...

WHY?

well here is why. on a 15 gallon tank my truck would get a minimum of 180 miles to a tank of gas.

Well recently my dad took the truck to New Jersey. He filled up on the way back but didn't reset the (i forgot what its called. the thing to measure mileage). Anyways thats the only real way for me to tell how much gas i have. Some times it works sometimes it doesn't even move.

Well i know that he took the Truck when the (Gauge of who's name i forgot - lets say thingymobob for now)

Well i know when he took the Truck the thingymobob said 130-140.

Now he drove that truck to jersey and back and filled it up on the way back. He brought the truck back with 210 miles on the thingymobob.

some quick math:

210-130=80 miles. (40 to go 40 to comeback about)

Knowing he filled up in jersey mean that he drove at least 20-30 miles highway 40 at the most (assuming he filled up right after leaving what ever business he had to attend to.

OK so now we are at 210 miles on the thingymobob with 20 miles of gas already used. This means I should have enough gas to bring the mileage to 370. I recently filled up the tank after running what seemed to be E (one of the few times my gauge works) and before i reset the thingymobob i read the number 440.

Dont ask how many gallons or how much i payed. I have no clue. I had to pee really bad and a threw money at the guy running the station then used a card when the cash wasnt enough. Then a stood there slightly dancing to avoid pissing myself.

I assume it was more than 40 bucks because i was standing there filling up gas forever. 6 min about? 2 songs played on the radio before i had to use the card to finish fueling. (i moved to to pump ahead of me to finish fueling. I had stretched the hose the first time because some one parked like a fail when i go there. After they left ti finished at there pump.) I can tell you they bought 23 dollars of gas. (i remember because it a funny because that was the 23 of September and i was wondering if u only fill up gas according to day....)

ANYWAYS

So this can mean 1 of two three things.

1-I am super lucky and/or a better fuel consumer that i thought because i should have broken down 70 miles ago.

2-The tanks are bigger than 15 gallons. (21 seems to be the favorite number)

3-Pathfinder Gods found me worthy enough to no break down and they secretly added fuel to my tank.

Yea so there is my reasoning.

Oh and btw i have a crazy lead foot. (i raced a LR of the highway the other day....(i won btw)

Edited by PathfinderIII

Mine is 15 gallons. I ran mine down to see if the gauge is wrong. After walking to a gas station for a jerry can of gas, Ive learnt that E really means E. It doesnt go past and my fuel light doesnt work lol. With the 15 or 21 gal tanks, I dont know whether its the region that our trucks were sold in, the year or just the day of the week that it was built.

Probably could, and that is retarded that rock auto sells only 15 gallon tanks. I know mine is 21 because I drove from Kitchener to ottawa one time with a flaky o2 sensor and when I got home it took 78 liters which is 20.6 gallons. Scary!