Birthday Present For My Boyfriend.

imjustagirl

Obviously, he has a Pathfinder, loves outdoorsy stuff, off roading, etc.

He also loves country music and simple things. But I'm just at a loss for some reason.

Is there something you could suggest (non sexual, please) that would be a good gift for a guy, turning 20? What would you want from your girlfriend?

He also loves country music and simple things. But I'm just at a loss for some reason.

Is there something you could suggest (non sexual, please) that would be a good gift for a guy, turning 20? What would you want from your girlfriend?

You gotta give us something to work with. How much can you spend? Does he need anything for his Pathfinder? Is there a country music singer on tour you could get tickets too? Buy stuff to go camping?

You gotta give us something to work with. How much can you spend? Does he need anything for his Pathfinder? Is there a country music singer on tour you could get tickets too? Buy stuff to go camping?

Probably around $200 or less. I'm not sure- he always needs stuff but I don't know what for sure. I know he needs new tools cause he just started an auto mechanic job but again, I don't know specifically what. But thanks, you've given me a few other ideas already.

Also, what area do you live in? Stereotypes hold true to some extent, so gifts of ammo/deer butchering implements may be appropriate. Snow gear, rust protector, CB/antenna, etc?? :shrug:

Hats off for you trying to figure out what to get him, Boo for not knowing what he would want already.

B

If he has a laptop, then buy him this : http://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/pc-based/obdlink.html

This will greatly help him with his new carreer and will most certainly save him money when it's time to troubleshoot his pathfinder. Really , this is the best tool a mechanic can buy for 100$..... Then take the extra 100$ and give him the gift at a nice restaurant ! hey hey ! (what do want, I'm a romantic ! :wub::rofl:

Edited by fleurys

If he has a laptop, then buy him this : http://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/pc-based/obdlink.html

This will greatly help him with his new carreer and will most certainly save him money when it's time to troubleshoot his pathfinder. Really , this is the best tool a mechanic can buy for 100$..... Then take the extra 100$ and give him the gift at a nice restaurant ! hey hey ! (what do want, I'm a romantic ! :wub::rofl:

Only if he has a 96 or newer pathfinder anyway. That would be useless on the older WD21.

Roof Rack? Offroad lights to mount on the front bumper? New stereo? New speakers?

Only if he has a 96 or newer pathfinder anyway. That would be useless on the older WD21.

Roof Rack? Offroad lights to mount on the front bumper? New stereo? New speakers?

I believe an ODB2 scanner was suggested because the OP's boyfriend is starting work as an auto mechanic - i.e. working on others' cars, which may have ODB2. In such case, an ODB2 scanner is extremely useful.

Also, what area do you live in? Stereotypes hold true to some extent, so gifts of ammo/deer butchering implements may be appropriate. Snow gear, rust protector, CB/antenna, etc?? :shrug:

Hats off for you trying to figure out what to get him, Boo for not knowing what he would want already.

B

It's not that I'm at a complete loss at what to get him. I just am needing some more idea/options to choose from and to help me spark new ideas or something I may have overlooked. Thanks for your help though.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

I believe an ODB2 scanner was suggested because the OP's boyfriend is starting work as an auto mechanic - i.e. working on others' cars, which may have ODB2. In such case, an ODB2 scanner is extremely useful.

Ah yes! I guess I just wasn't thinking in the broader sense!

sorry... I got nothin' to suggest

• Like 1

How about a nice cb setup? Heck, you can find them online, Radio shack, truckstop or a local CB shop, ect. $200 would get you everything he would need, radio, cable, antenna, external speaker and possibly a PA horn.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

View Postimjustagirl, on 12 September 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

sorry... I got nothin' to suggest

:rofl: K9sar, you completely beat me to it. Damn...

I'd say a hi-lift jack, a receiver shackle, and a hi-lift recovery kit would make a pretty good gift, and should total all under $200.

Good idea! I still need to get myself a hi-lift...

How about a nice cb setup? Heck, you can find them online, Radio shack, truckstop or a local CB shop, ect. $200 would get you everything he would need, radio, cable, antenna, external speaker and possibly a PA horn.

I wouldn't think this would net more than 100$ if you're thrifty!

I actually like getting socks... Usefull gift :shrug:

I didn't get socks for christmas last year, I was pissed!

Edited by silverton

If you are really unsure of what to get him, go to the local performance parts store and get a gift certificate.

Be careful getting him something for his truck that is a huge project to install unless you know is in to that. Some mechanics I know do not want to do that sorta thing in their time off after spending 40+ hours working on vehicles. At his age that is a low risk, still lots of energy lol, but just sayin'.