LMR

Hi all, just bought a 95 Pathfinder SE, still waiting for it to be shipped to me. Should get it by this weekend. I'm a little nervous about the frame but the seller says its OK and the truck is in great condition. We will see......

Sight unseen can be scary... But sometimes people actually do disclose everything they truthfully know. Hopefully that's what you get. Not that it's anything we wouldn't be able to guide you through anyway :aok:

It's coming from Ontario Canada. The seller has owned it for 11 years and says he has taken excellent care of it. The car Proof came back clean, passed it's recent emissions test, no accidents, pics look good. Paid under $3000 for it. Here is one of the pics the seller posted: pathfinder.jpg

Edited by LMR

Thanks everyone...The Pathfinder is going in today for it's provincial safety inspection. I'll let you know what happens.

Hi all, am very glad to be here. At least I am with friends who are familiar with the Pathfinder. I bought mine (commonly known here as Nissan Terrano - WD21) 2 years ago. Specs:- Engine: Z24 carb, trans: manual, 5-speed. It was indeed a happy driving for the past 2 years but recently, there was a sudden hike of petrol prices, the previously cheap RON 95 soared to RM 1.95 a litre (USD 0.65), it is no longer economical to drive the truck.

I am planning to replace the engine with the popular (at least here) Nissan TD27 Turbo or the Nissan QD32 Turbo. At least diesel price are still low. I have gone "window shopping" and the TD27 Turbo JDM (Used) is currently priced at RM4,500 (USD 1,472.00) and the QD32 Turbo (used) is at RM6,500 (USD 2126.00).

I will post pictures of my progress.:)Photo0181.jpgmalaing_01.jpg

Hi all, am very glad to be here. At least I am with friends who are familiar with the Pathfinder. I bought mine (commonly known here as Nissan Terrano - WD21) 2 years ago. Specs:- Engine: Z24 carb, trans: manual, 5-speed. It was indeed a happy driving for the past 2 years but recently, there was a sudden hike of petrol prices, the previously cheap RON 95 soared to RM 1.95 a litre (USD 0.65), it is no longer economical to drive the truck.

I am planning to replace the engine with the popular (at least here) Nissan TD27 Turbo or the Nissan QD32 Turbo. At least diesel price are still low. I have gone "window shopping" and the TD27 Turbo JDM (Used) is currently priced at RM4,500 (USD 1,472.00) and the QD32 Turbo (used) is at RM6,500 (USD 2126.00).

I will post pictures of my progress.:)

Huh? Um, welcome! :welcome::jacked:

You can start your very own thread, that way you can have it all to yourself!

*Wait, I see you have already done that.

Edited by clkindred

Well, the pathfinder failed the inspection. Rear frame rails are rusted to @!*%.

Help guys, is there anything I can do to repair it?

Huh? Um, welcome! :welcome::jacked:

You can start your very own thread, that way you can have it all to yourself!

*Wait, I see you have already done that.

Thanks..mate..indeed I started a new thread.. :)

Photo0195.jpg

Hope you are in Ontario and don't have to get it inspected by another province. I've shopped the Ontario market and believe it or not they are in worse condition than one's from Quebec...cosmetically perfect bodies makes me worry since they were used as grocery cars and not always maintained...the big problem with any vehicle that passes inspection in Ontario is you can't trust the results. There are hundreds of people that have the authority to inspect/pass vehicles and can be easily convinced (wink wink) to look the other way. Just looking at the pic it has not been been rust proofed consistently if at all...you would still have the stickers on the wheel hubs that say 'Automatic Running Hub'. Very simple to check the frame...get out there with your hammer and screwdriver and start tapping the frame behind the rear wheels. This area is the easiest to access and if its gone...its all gone. Best of luck...check out all the other posts here...you can make it run for at least another 100k. Cheers

It's coming from Ontario Canada. The seller has owned it for 11 years and says he has taken excellent care of it. The car Proof came back clean, passed it's recent emissions test, no accidents, pics look good. Paid under $3000 for it. Here is one of the pics the seller posted: pathfinder.jpg

Not unless you find a new frame or someone you know can weld very well...but it depends on your province. Some allow frame repairs and other's don't, I know Quebec does not allow them. I would suggest parting it out.

Well, the pathfinder failed the inspection. Rear frame rails are rusted to @!*%.

Help guys, is there anything I can do to repair it?

Not unless you find a new frame or someone you know can weld very well...but it depends on your province. Some allow frame repairs and other's don't, I know Quebec does not allow them. I would suggest parting it out.

In manitoba we can repair the frame, i just need to find someone who can (and who will) do it. Does anyone know someone in Maitoba who does this? I have a few good leads, but nothing definitive.