LMR

OK got my first quote: $2000 from a welding / fabrication shop. That's not happening. Going for another quote today and tomorrow.

I'm pretty close to giving up on this Pathfinder and buying something else.

:scratchhead: Are there no "Lemon Laws" up there in Canada? Here (at least in S.Carolina) if a major defect is discovered shortly after a vehicle purchase you can legally get your money back. I'd say that would deff. qualify with your situation down here.

since you initally bought it sight unseen, may I ask how you found it? If it were through ebay or the such, sometimes they have a 'buyers guarantee' or some crap like that which you can turn it in as havign a junk frame and not beign disclosed (even if unknown by the buyer) and get your $$$ back

I've sent an email to Kijiji, we'll see what they say. Also asked the seller for a refund, but no response (surprise surprise)

I took a few quick iPhone pics, kind of hard to see, I'll try to get some better pics up soon.

iphone014.jpg

iphone013.jpg

iphone012.jpg

iphone015.jpg

Meh, just looking at the pick its not as bad as some. Its gonna need all new metal plated over that bad stuff. I had my passager side welded for $240 and did my driver side for maybe 50 bucks of 1/4 inch plate and some Squire tubing. IMO, welding is better then getting a new frame, mainly because its stronger then a stock frame, and it wont rust out again when you use 1/4 stock. You may need too have the rear endcompletly redone if you plan on towing anything or being pulled out from the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

So no one here seems to want to touch this type of work. After several $2000, $3000, and even a $6600 quote I have decided to sell the Pathfinder. I will not buy another Pathfinder again. I'm sure they are decent trucks, but I'm turned off now..

Going to look at the competition today.