deals, deals, deals...!

94extreme

I'm guessing they are defective factory seconds... I'm not sure I need anything like that, so I bought 4... These things have 1001 uses. darn dog aint getting loose any more, thats for sure !! :P

Thanks for the tip mzxtreme. They were on my 'need to purchase some time' list, and thats a HECK of a good price. Too bad they are in Ca, I had to pay tax :wacko:

Bernard

Holy crap, that's GOT to be a typo. No way. Dammit, and I just ran out of money, too!  >.<

you got to be able to scrape up 25... they are 68+ship regularly. the sale last only as long as the supply does. there were like 3 or 4 at the store still but i bet the employees snapped them up by now.

Just curious, but i didn't see it say they were stretchy any where in the add??

So that would indicate they are tow straps as opposed to recovery/snatch straps yah??

If so, i would just like to say that you should be very carefull using them for snatch syle recoveries from mud etc, as the shock loading on your tow points will be very similar to that of using a chain!!!! A flying tow hook. Not good.

What you really want to keep your eyes open for are nylon stretchy snatch straps, they absorb the shock created as the rope comes under tention from the towing vehicles run up, and then the recoil action of the stretch in the rope assists in freeing the vehicle. You feel no hard jolt, just a gental acceleration as you are snatched from what ever you are stuck in.

My two cents,

Peter.

I want the stabilizer, and could use front shocks... May as well just replace the rear also at $20 each. Any feed back on the brand ? I'm assuming these are stiffer than stock... LOL looks like I'm beefing up the Pathy faster than I planned :D

Bernard

Thanks Mzxtreme,

Just purchased one, it will go great with my cheapy from wally world. Got a great deal on some cheap strap for the roof rack..

Are those ES1000 shocks any good? I thought someone said that they were junk and I should get the other (ES3000) for $125.99?? Your thoughts?

lm

Are those ES1000 shocks any good? I thought someone said that they were junk and I should get the other (ES3000) for $125.99?? Your thoughts?

lm

I have the 3000. i do like them but they are a bit stiff. with a load they are very good though... the 1000 are just straight replcements. for a $100 it's hard to beat. i'd like to have the stabilizer but that's sometime in the future i guess.

as to the straps. man, glad to see you guys are taking advantage. i've always used my chain but it is heavy and soemwhat hard to travel with. for 20 bux i just couldn't pass it up. it's freaking beautifull. i hope i don't need to use it any time soon though... :lol:

That is a really good price! Hell... :blink: I got towed out by a Chevy (thank god!) with a pro-comp strap when I drowned my Jeep.....(driver error not Jeep!)

I might have to go check those out! I have a good hook-up at our Oakland 4 wheel parts! sssh

Mine have not even shipped yet. :(

I called their customer service and the story I got was funny as heck.

Apparently, their intent for lowering the price so much was to blow out the stock that they had on-hand. In the short time they had the price so low, they not only got rid of their entire supply but have well over 500 outstanding orders that are on backorder. They had to place a special request with the company to get the items in so they could fill the backorders. The shipment is due tomorrow so they should be shipped within a couple days. The guy I spoke with had one of those "I don't friggin believe this happened" tones in his voice when he was explaining it to me.

:D :D :D

I'll wait patiently. Got a great deal and it isn't snowing yet. I still have my 30ft heavy equipment tie-down chain that I can use until they show up.