deals, deals, deals...!

94extreme

yea i ordered mine on friday and got it on tuesday. i too had a cheapo walmart strap we used it like 3 times and it broke every time. it had 2 hooks on it and each one broke, then we tied the ends to pull out a ford only to have it split in the middle and lash back.

yea i ordered mine on friday and got it on tuesday. i too had a cheapo walmart strap we used it like 3 times and it broke every time. it had 2 hooks on it and each one broke, then we tied the ends to pull out a ford only to have it split in the middle and lash back.

Not to mention, good luck finding a strong 30' strap at the local store. We had a 15' one, minus whatever length it took to get to hood to the reciever and under the car to a solid mount. That's some scary white knuckle stuff towing on a 12' foot line!

got my 2 3"x30' straps. :) Though I never received an email from the shop, they arrived on Friday. Hmmm... When I called on THursday, they said they were on backorder. I wonder if another set'll show up :)

• 4 years later...
just ordered my 2 3"x30'. $42 total :) saved 130 off MSRP :) Thanks for the tip!

Just for fun... I went back and looked at what it would cost to replace my strap that has gotten a fair amount of use. They're now on sale for $74 or so. Good thing I bought 2 of them when they were $20.

Edited by k9sar

:shiftyeyes:

heheheh... a "donation", right?

lol of course =P

Nah, my dad is a longshoreman, gets those straps free from the ships that come in, they support the load on the cranes, well basically thats what the cranes LIFT the shipment with.

20,000 is not what I meant to type either, I meant 120,000lb rated.

They come with the ship and the load, so since the Port has no use for them, its either the dumpster or free to whoever at the Port wants them

Ratchet straps are also free as well :D