What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Whatever bites the hook! First da for trout was yesterday so that pretty much opens it all up. I'm fortunate to have a wife who enjoys fishing as well (and I don't have to fix her line when she breaks it, bait her hooks, cast for her, take her fish off).

I'd like to try that (bow fishing) but don't know anyone locally who does and I ain't buying stuff to try it and get disgusted/lose a toe :lol: (I like having excuses to be cheap)

Tightened my valve cover screws they were so loose I could almost turn them by hand .Wasnt leaking oil but they needed tighting.Philpshead screws? there has got to be a better way to fasten valve covers think I will change them out to allen head screws.

I'm working on changing all the rear trailing arm bushings. I got the poly spit bushings. The old bushings were so worn, when I went over bumpy roads past 70kph, the ass end would sway back and forth.

The trailing arms are a pita to get back in though.

Changed the oil, replaced factory fog lamp bulb(guess they don't like water), lubed tie rod ends and front driveshaft, removed pieces of tree in the bead of my left rear tire and finally, yes FINALLY, removed the rest of the factory nerf bar mounting brackets(bars got ripped of long ago).

• Like 1

I'm working on changing all the rear trailing arm bushings. I got the poly spit bushings. The old bushings were so worn, when I went over bumpy roads past 70kph, the ass end would sway back and forth.

The trailing arms are a pita to get back in though.

Put the lower links in first, and attach the upper links just to the axle. Put a bottle jack (factory jack) between the pinion and the upper crossmember of the frame, when you extend the bottle jack while lining the bushings up with the upper mounts, it'll push the upper trailing arms right into the brackets .

Replaced the negative battery terminal. The Streetwires one I had broke.

Got to work this morning and when I opened the door the dome light did not come on, thought the switch inside the dome light was bad or the bulb was out, went to start the truck to leave work this afternoon and nothing, no clicking or anything, asked a friend to jump it for me and went to remove the plastic cover from the Steetwires terminal and the whole terminal moved !! That's when I found out it had broken. Rigged it up with another battery cable/terminal and got back home. Than replaced the terminal.

Put the lower links in first, and attach the upper links just to the axle. Put a bottle jack (factory jack) between the pinion and the upper crossmember of the frame, when you extend the bottle jack while lining the bushings up with the upper mounts, it'll push the upper trailing arms right into the brackets .

I tried something like that. Worked well. Each trailing arm got easier to do.

There's a HUGE difference in how it drives now. No more wobbling all over the road. Now I have to do the lower control arm bushings.

Replaced upper control arm bushings and upper ball joints then brought it in for an alignment and found out that the moog problem solver lower ball joints I replaced 3300 miles ago have a problem! They both already have slack at 3300 miles. Doesn't sound like they solved my problem!

James