Coil Spring Lift

TexasPthFnder95

your gonna get a lot of :search: but there are several options...you can get springs from calmini, JGC (jeep grand cherokee) and cut them down you could also give Steeevo from Rugged Rocks Offroad a call and i'm sure he might be able to source some rear springs and some sway away torsion bars

your gonna get a lot of :search: but there are several options...you can get springs from calmini, JGC (jeep grand cherokee) and cut them down you could also give Steeevo from Rugged Rocks Offroad a call and i'm sure he might be able to source some rear springs and some sway away torsion bars

Thanks :aok: I already have the sway away torsion bars for 2yrs I love them! Thats why im getting new rear coils because spacing the stock ones to keep up with the cranked bars are putting my coils in severe strain i sheared off a spacer wheeling in sounded like a firecracker going off when it snapped :lol: so its defintly time to do the rear lift right

What about the doughnut style coil spring spacers that go in between the coil and the mount? Are there any ones that fit our rigs?

Bad idea, the centering post on our seats isn't tall enough, so the spring can pop off the new seat/spacer. Like has been said, look for V8 JGC springs at the local J-yard (got mine for $20 for the pair), or buy some lift springs from AC.

Ef Calmini!!!!

Alright im gonna get a set of V8 Cherokee springs :friday: but about how much to they lift and will my sway away T-bars be able to almost match the lift?? :shrug:

Depending on the ones you get, 1.5-3 inches. Yes the SAWs will be fine to match, just mind the upper bump stop space.

• 5 months later...

Do the OEM JGC v8 coil springs(the front ones are what I want?) lift the rear of our trucks 3"?

If not what SHOULD I be looking for exactly, thanks for any help, been trying to search the crap out of this before I place my order on my lift parts.

Do the OEM JGC v8 coil springs(the front ones are what I want?) lift the rear of our trucks 3"?

If not what SHOULD I be looking for exactly, thanks for any help, been trying to search the crap out of this before I place my order on my lift parts.

I used coil linkand love the ride they provide.

I would like to get the AC rear coils, but they are extra, and Im trying to pinch every penny I can.

As far as the JGC front coils, they will need to be trimmed, or rather the pig tail cut off and then they slip right in like normal?

Thanks for all the help thus far.

I definitely searched, that is how I found this page.. I guess I just didnt find that one, or didnt type in the right keywords.

Thanks so much though for the links, very appreciative.

I would like to get the AC rear coils, but they are extra, and Im trying to pinch every penny I can.

As far as the JGC front coils, they will need to be trimmed, or rather the pig tail cut off and then they slip right in like normal?

Thanks for all the help thus far.

I think I have a pic in one of the other threads that shows a partially cut JGC

spring

I ended up finding a picture in one the threads that was linked by Kingman, if it is yours(I have it bookmarked for when the time comes)thank you for it.