Missing Link has more than one purpose

WOT

Little out of the ordinary but I figured why not post it anyways.

I have a little stereo setup in my R50, and was having some problems with HUGE voltage drop when it was full blast, into the 11 volt range. I came to the conclusion my grounds were junk and I wanted everything looped.

p1010404j.jpg

I made that "missing link" bar a few weeks ago by myself, you can see how dam easy my way was to make it, just cut 1.5" square tubing on a steep angle and drill 2 holes.

Anyways, I needed to get this HUGE 3/0 cable (3/4" diameter) from the front to the back, and couldnt think of where to cross it under the vehicle without going all the way around the back which would make it to long as expensive.

Right thru the missing link we go....

Multi use, and free, cant beat that!

Large cable to support the 300amp dual alternator setup, Ive got 4 batteries aswell. An Optima underhood main battery and 3 batteries meant for cell phone towers in the back (NSB125's for anyone familiar)

Ive got a few postive 2/0 power wires run inside the car. But I was having problems with to much voltage drop, simply tying my second alternators frame ground, to my rear batteries frame ground, with this cable I posted, fixed it completely and Im back in action

:itsallgood:

I probably wont have it there for long either anyways, was more just of a test and Im glad it fixed it. Id rather have the cable inside the car but I', going to have to make more firewall clearance, and I dont like taking my interior apart in -10 weather so it'll have to wait til spring

I did put a piece of tech flex on each end coming out of the missing link, I just took this picture when rough running it to measure the length to cut and solder the lugs on

Ya good luck pinching off 3/0 cable. damage it yes but it would take a few hits before it was severed.

doesnt matter, the weight of that rig coming down on anything, basically triple the weight of the rig in one point, will sever that thing clean

so what all do you have going on in your rig? i am very interested to see now...

Im assuming youre running a killer stereo...with some serious bump...how many subs and are you running any Caps in your setup??? (in regards to your voltage drop) With enuf thump...the alt. and extra batteries might not be enuff...or did the donkey d$#@ sized ground fix it for ya?????

Tye

Oh ya...if this is the case...then show pix pls!!!!

Thanks for diggin up those pics and bringing a tear to my eye fueler lol

I dont have that setup anymore, I have 2 custom 21" subs now. I change setups every couple months out of boredom and someone usually offers me a good deal to buy my old equipment so I cant resist lol

I can post up pics of the dual alt setup I fabricated and whatever, I just dont usually take pics of my work, Im pretty scared of theft.

Im thinkning of going to a triple alt setup if SoundDigital follows through with the sponsorship deal they offerred me

Merry christmas boys

These are the only 2 pics of the current setup I have on my gf's camera (im at her parents house celebrating christmas by browsing this forum lol)

tekazgtr- it is a little "excessive" but its not all bass, I also have 16 6.5" speakers, 4 4" midrange speakers, 2 4" supertweeters. I have a great EQ and headunit so everything sounds perfect (to me anyways, no distortion at full volume) I have 6 amps in all right now.

p1010370.jpg

p1010367f.jpg

Yes there pink :whocares:

That mess of subwoofer wiring was hidden shortly after I think that was just a test to make sure it all worked before I buttoned it up

You can keep the volume low and it sounds amazing for daily cruising with the gf, but when Im by myself or doing some demos for people that havent a large stereo before.. it definetely does some damage lol.

You might think I listen to rap/bass type music. But I actually listen to new rock mostly lol

You can spy my suede headliner and mega ripped headrest in the pics to. I really gotta fix that!!

I do custom car audio in my area, not because I wanted to, the work just kinda fell onto my lap when people seen some fiberglass boxes and stuff that Id do and well its good money and I get to pick the side jobs I want

I built my car like this for me first and foremost. But its also kinda like advertising, people can see what I do, gets my name out there etc.

Those 6.5" Peerless speakers in particular went on sale at parts express for $10 a piece (regular $45) and I bought 2 pallets of them (240 speakers) and I show people how good they sound when properly EQ'd and they sell like hot cakes, and I sell them for $20 a piece, still a good deal for people but I made a good chunk of money just flipping them

Im just having fun to be honest, and it beats working in factories, and its giving me time to go back to school and learn what I really want to do, metal fabrication/welding