Missing Link has more than one purpose

WOT

i want to see this alternator setup too. no one here is going to drive anywhere to steal an alternator. but hey, one 300 amp alternator would be nice, but i would never use that much power. with my subs, ontop of a storage box, i can still see out my back window :new576:

either of your setups, if you had them here, you'd get pulled over 12 times a day just for lack of vision out the rear window lol

btw, what springs are you running in the rear to hold up that weight? my rear sags under my tools and subs, and an empty tank of gas.

tekazgtr- it is a little "excessive" but its not all bass, I also have 16 6.5" speakers, 4 4" midrange speakers, 2 4" supertweeters. I have a great EQ and headunit so everything sounds perfect (to me anyways, no distortion at full volume) I have 6 amps in all right now.

Hey, as long you like it who cares what I think. :lol:

I was referring moreso the non-OEM look. I've had some pretty serious systems in both my trucks ('93 Chevy Blazer and the '98 Pathy) but I tend to *try* and keep that OEM look, mostly due to theft and the like.

I definitely agree with you on the overall high-quality sound over mega bass... Same thing goes with home theatre systems, too. ;)

I also want to see this dual-alternator set-up, as I've been toying with the idea since I first got the '98 three years ago. Definitely keep up the good work! :beer:

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Basically I got the idea to do the dual alts beack a couple years ago when I got the car when I was first installing stereoes, I didnt want to have batteries in the back and I seen how big the factory air box was. I had 2 huge batteries under the hood on the oem alt for a while.

Then I went a little bigger so I had 6 batteries in the back and this huge empty space where the factory intake box was... why not put an alt there lol. You can see how it was kind of difficult to fabricate the bracket to pick up off 2 a/c mounting bolts and one random engine bolt. Had to mount an idler pulley in the setup aswell to keep the belt away from any other parts. its tight!!

Been on there for a year now though, no problems.

Dont mind the baby blue pathfinder valve cover either lol, I put it on during winter so my carbon fiber cover doesnt see any salt and grime. Its even brighter in person !!

p1010421z.jpg

p1010422c.jpg

p1010423g.jpg

p1010424.jpg

EDIT- someone asked how it was wired. Its a "1wire" 300 amp alternator, so all it needs is a single 12v trigger to turn it on (I think I tapped into the fuel pump power wire) and you run your positives to the batteries from the output post

Sorry my camera isnt much for high quality

either of your setups, if you had them here, you'd get pulled over 12 times a day just for lack of vision out the rear window lol

btw, what springs are you running in the rear to hold up that weight? my rear sags under my tools and subs, and an empty tank of gas.

Ya trust me Ive got every ticket known to man lol, my other cars are a big turbo Honda Crx and a soon to be turbo Honda Crv. Im also young and stupid and dont learn my lesson.

The qx4 has 2" lowerring springs on the front, and OME .5" lift heavy duty rear springs, which settled about 1.5" lower than stock with my 280lb box/315lb battery bank/maybe 75 pounds amps and wiring. Using Kyb Gr2 struts in the front. I was stupid and didnt change bearing/mount etc and am paying for it with clunks in my front end now though

I dont know if you noticed, but its a 2 seater

Edited by WOT

Very nice. You may be "young and dumb" but that is one well thought out setup for sure. Where did you get the amp from anyway?

Nice setup looks pretty good, I run a ok setup in mine but I go offroading alot.... I have (2) 12" JL W6's with a 4000 watt amp and a Alpine IVA W205 head unit.... Infinty Platinum speakers... It bumps ok

That is no setup to brush off. 2 12W6's push hard, my friend. I put 2 13W6's in my friends bimmer (don't remember the exact amps, think they were slasher series), and when we played it for the first time, it literally took my breathe from me. Awesome in pure form.

se