Puss colored slime inside oil filler tube?

skulptr

could it have been the powder snow drifts, and having the cone filter, perhaps, being a bad combination and letting snow/water in through the intake? cause it wasnt like this when i posted about getting broke down a few weeks ago.

If the emulsified oil is just in the oil filler and cap, its probably just too many short trips. Check your antifreeze level, and look at it to see if you have oil in it. Also, look at the dipstick, to see if you have any emulsified oil there. The two latter cases would indicate a likely head gasket issue.

just checked all my fluids, thats what brought this up. only thing that was low was my brake fluid. i did have a steel coolant tube right before the thermo crack on me a few weeks back. antifreeze level has remained the same since i fixed that

i almost don't want to do the oil change tomorrow, idk if i want to see how it looks lol

and i make ALOT of short trips. i only live 3 miles from work.

and i'm due for emissions in the next 2 weeks too. the CEL has been on for months. this just keeps getting better and better

it never really gets a chance to warm up in the mornings, and its been FREAKISHLY cold lately. the temp guage never really gets even up past a quarter on my normal just go to work and come home days.

looks like some water got in at some point, to me.

Yep.

Put in a can of engine flush, run it for 5 minutes or whatever it says (when fully warm!!), drain it, change the filter, fill it with new oil and drive it. Check regularly. Hows the PCV valve??

B

I'd check your PCV, on the back side of the intake (firewall side) Has your engine been having unprotected sex ! lol. Seriously though. Before I'd use an engine flush, I'd check the PCV valve and put some new engine oil in it, and allow it enough time to warm up. At least until the gauge moves up off of the "C" on the gauge.What weight oil are you using ?

Edited by frozenrotors

Like what has been said above, it is just condensation mixing with your oil. You need to get the engine up to temp and keep it there long enough to evaporate all the condensation that builds up on short trips.

i always heard that its the PCV valve ..do u know how to check to see if ur PCV is working. disconect the hose and place ur finger over it and it will suck up and u will hear it make a clicky noise..atleast thats how my honda works ha ha

well i got the oil changed, put engine restore in it, wiped the cap and filler tube out. have run it up and down the freeway a few times. i'm gonna change the oil again this weekend, considering the color of the oil. should i put engine restore in it on the next change as well? here's how dark the oil was that came out...

12112010309.jpg

i see this all the time. if you had a headgasket leaking or an intake gasket leaking you would def be missing coolant. when a warm engine is shut off and cools down (especially in winter conditions) the cooling oil attracks moisture. which causes the milky white goop on the bottom of the filler cap/tube. you need to let it get to operating temp so it will get the oil hot enought to burn off the moisture. atleast every other trip or so. IF you have a headgasket leaking or an intake gasket leaking into the oil it will look like that on your dipstick and the oil will be milky colored. your oil looks pretty normal ( alittle dirty like it hasnt been changed regularly) but it is ok.if you are using oil, i would add a quart of lucas to your oil change. and just run your regular oil. wipe as much out as you can get to, and put fresh oil in. get it to operating temp fairly often and you should be fine.

If you want to clean your engine out alittle and its not gummed up, where you can see into the filler cap. you can take 1 gallon of diesel fuel or kerosene, drain the oil out until it quits dripping then pour the whole gallon of diesel in. let it sit there and run until it is at normal operating temp, then drain it out and put a new filter and oil back in it. diesel and kerosene are both oils and will be fine to run in the engine. just don't drive it down the road or turn it really hard. fuel oils are like using a very light weight oil and will not hurt anything if run for a short time.and both are excellent cleaners.

Edited by Daves94XE