treasure trove of parts

skulptr

i waas going to post in the parts for sale, but figured its going to get more attention here first, even if it gets moved by a mod. i came across a gold r50 sitting at a shop in the middle of no where, left a note at the shop for teh owner to call me. he finally did, and i got the scoop on it.

this truck, a 1999, was totalled in early 2000, with only 8k miles on it!!! hit a tree and slid sideways into another. i asked if he's selling parts, and he gave me the thumbs up to take what ever i want, and write a check for everything totalled up from a junkyard, and then half of that quoted price. so that means i walked away with the spoiler, coolant tank, washer fluid tank, drivers headlight, both marker lights, passenger heated mirror, fuel pump and all sensors, and the drivers lower control arm for a grand total of 32$, and i will be returning next week for the suspension.

as for whats not available, what i have already listed, plus no engine, tranny, hood, front seats, front bumper, drivers door. other than that, everything else is still there. if you need something PM me, and i'll be the middle man in getting everything, and finding out what is and isnt available and for what price plus shipping.

just remember, everything only has 8k miles on it, when i pulled that control arm on my rig, i had to torch the old bolts out, with this one i didnt even need a breaker bar!! everything is absolutely pristine, it has tan cloth interior, exterior is gold with damage to the core support and fender above the rear drivers tire, and sat in a shop uptil this summer when they pulled the engine and tranny. i would have bought that in a hurry.

unfortunately he put it in his 97 converting it to a 5speed meaning everything manual related is missing. I would have loved to convert mine to a 5 speed with only 8k miles on it ever.

Does it have a sunroof?? The front seal on my wifes is wasted, I think the entire glass piece has to be removed with it. I have no idea how big a job that is... :shrug:

B

:search:

I did a little write up on how to remove the sunroof it is really easy...PM me if you need pictures, but basically you pop off the side plastic pieces and take off 4 or 6 bolts and off comes the glass panel, just be careful with your alignment when putting it back on...

so that means i walked away with the spoiler, coolant tank, washer fluid tank, drivers headlight, both marker lights, passenger heated mirror, fuel pump and all sensors, and the drivers lower control arm

but i do have the cap from my old tank. all in all, my 2 tanks came out in 9 pieces, so i dun wanna hear it.

Edited by skulptr

ok they detach. you just pull up on the arm rest where the switch is and its 2 screws on the bottom. so in that case let me know how much for the back 2 windows and how much it would be if i got all 4 door switches(driver master, passenger and both rear doors)

Thanks

johnashtonhall@gmail.com

waiting to hear back from the owner right now on the switches and differential, i forgot to look when i was out there wether it was lsd or not

tailights and stereo havent been there since i've known about the truck, the exhaust is missing up to the flange into the mufflers

Edited by skulptr